The forum is randomly very slow to respond (16.07.2016)

But we don't know if the "problem" was manifesting itself while the test was being carried out. It never happened again since I did the test.

Just to be clear, it's not that the forum is slow, it's just that it randomly takes a long time to respond and ends up not executing the requested command. Clicking again does it immediately.

does your ISP run a transparent proxy?
I don't know what that is, so I can't give you an answer. But if this was an ISP problem, shouldn't it affect all the websites I visit?

Did a tracert the last two times it happened. The 2nd time was done as I was waiting for the post in the background to be saved. I clicked "Save changes", the "waiting" gray rectangle appeared on the top right corner of the page for 30 odd secs, then disappeared and the page remained as you can see in the screen grab.

Tracert 2.png

I don't know what that is, so I can't give you an answer. But if this was an ISP problem, shouldn't it affect all the websites I visit?
no, plenty of websites run fine like this, the service providers do it to save bandwidth

what sort of internet service do you have?

no, plenty of websites run fine like this, the service providers do it to save bandwidth

what sort of internet service do you have?
Vodafone fiber both at work and home (not the same line). At work I receive it via WiFi and at home via LAN cable.

do you get the same issue at work and home?
Yes. At work I have 2 computers, one with Win 7 32bits and the other with Win 8.1 64bits, and at home I have one with Win 7 64bits. I use Firefox in all of them and they all do the same thing. I'm sending this post from the 8.1 computer.

Edit: again, had to click twice to send the post because the first time nothing happened. :confused:

Last edited:
can you try it from a different connection altogether, work and home are still the same ISP so if they're proxying you'll likely see the same issue if it's related to your internet provider

Didn't happen again since Monday. Whatever it was, it's apparently solved. I hope. **knock on wood**

Back