The G1W Sellers listing.

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
I had noticed quite a few threads talking about what's real and what is fake. I have combed through a bit and made a quick list to help others from falling to the fate of getting a fake G1W

Everything on this list has been confirmed by either a member here or over at /r/DashCam.

Safe Bets
eStore009 I personally bought my G1W off of them over a year ago
GearBest I have gotten other cameras off of them.
SpyTec I have gotten other cameras off of them
banggood A lot of other users have bought off of them
FoxOffer A lot of other users have bought off of them

Confirmed by a few members as legit.
KeepInGame Few users confirmed real deal
dreamlover2013 confirmed by scrappy
jingjiniao20070922 confirmed by bebop
easyshopping20142014 confirmed by Alvine9x (Currently out of Stock)
Deluxe Essentials (Amazon seller under new at this page) confirmed by user onizuon on /r/Dashcam

Stay Away

eBay
sun_mart
totodeal
yinjishan
oohsomuch
suran5176
okletsgoo
dedc
abeyerr
emonerrr
demon99
toymodel55
hkiron-usa
hkiron-aus
bylimshop
tywseller
globalfreeshipping

Stay Away
Amazon

O'Plaza (Sold a G1W on a G1W-C listing confirmed by sensesfaily0)
Sport Fort

(Confirmed by user Sport6 on /r/DashCam as well as a member here.)
Meijibo
Yipengtrade
Bokit (See this post and picture)

I'm a little lost. What should I be looking for?

It can be a little harder to tell before hand what you are getting if you are buying from someone not listed here because some but not all sellers are dishonest to move product and others honestly don't know they have the lower end device or might have even been mislead by a supplier or orders get mixed up. It happens as well.

If you are looking before buying

All legit G1W cameras have an HDMI port, but be careful knock offs can too.
All legit G1W cameras have the NT96650 processor

Don't ask the seller Does the camera have the NT96650 processor
Ask the seller what kind of processor does the camera have
This way instead of them assuming you know what you are talking about and just saying yes they have to look.

Whoops! I already bought one before I noticed this thread. How do I tell if I have the real deal?

Besides making sure it has an HDMI port it is really easy to tell if you have the real deal in your hand.
The most easy way it to download Registrator Viewer open a file created by the camera in it and make sure it is in .mov format and has 30FPS.
Lower end models record in .avi and do 25 FPS in 1080P mode.

Real G1W
lCKrRiC.jpg

Should say .mov format

Knock off
HTJ8cFP.jpg

Picture credits Mtz

Mounting Choices
Rearview Mirror
Amazon Suction Cup
Amazon Suction Cup 2nd style

Anything with the T-Slot style mount should fit. I have used 3M stick mounts that came with my Vicovation Camera on my G1W

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought my G1W-C from jingjiniao20070922 and I got the real deal, no fake, branded BlueSkySea. The delivery to Italy took "only" 3 weeks. In the past stuff I bought from China took 4-5 weeks.

I got a "genuine" G1W-C from ebay seller dreamlover2013, it records MOV format in 1080.
He's in Los Angeles area, as am I, and the cam was in my mailbox the day after I placed the order.

Thanks. Updated

I got a G1W-C from easyshopping20142014. Blueskysea branded and everything seems legit. They are in the Los Angeles area Rowland Heights specifically.

I got a G1W-C from easyshopping20142014. Blueskysea branded and everything seems legit. They are in the Los Angeles area Rowland Heights specifically.
Link please and I will update the list. Thanks

Here is the link that I purchased from a couple weeks back: https://www.ebay.com/itm/251639125026It seems like they don't ship from the US anymore so I'm not sure if it's still recommended. I only purchased from them because I didn't want to wait for shipping.

Here is the link that I purchased from a couple weeks back: https://www.ebay.com/itm/251639125026It seems like they don't ship from the US anymore so I'm not sure if it's still recommended. I only purchased from them because I didn't want to wait for shipping.
Thanks. It says out of stock at the moment. I'll add it with a note

I got mine by E-prance on Aliexpress and mini 0803 too, so I think e-prance sells original, at least mine seems be.

I can also confirm "dreamlover2013" is selling legit "G1W"'(non-capacitor). Bought mine from him about 7 months back, still works great today. They also have super fast shipping. I ordered it and it was on my door step 3 days later. Picture to confirm 96550 chip : http://i.imgur.com/8gtfguV.jpg

I can also confirm "dreamlover2013" is selling legit "G1W"'(non-capacitor). Bought mine from him about 7 months back, still works great today. They also have super fast shipping. I ordered it and it was on my door step 3 days later. Picture to confirm 96550 chip : http://i.imgur.com/8gtfguV.jpg

Need to note, that can only ship inside USA. So 3 days isn't so good for inside one country.

Also posted this in the 'Vendor Review' forum:

Recently purchased 2 "Black Box" branded G1W-H from Black Box fulfilled by Amazon. I purchased through Amazon in case I needed to return them for any reason and that would be easier than an international return. They arrived today and appear to be 100% legitimate and working properly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/B00HMNFWYW

Both record MOV format at 30 FPS, 1080FHD.
Files are identified as NOVATEK 96650.
Firmware version 2014.8.18
Camera lens is f1.6 (don't know how this compares to other brands/sellers)
Both cameras had '3 bars' for battery level when they arrived after 6 days in transit.
The suction mount I received was different than pictured above in that it has a ball mount allowing for greater flexibility. (Although I'll be using a mirror mount instead.)

I'm using PNY 32GB class 10 cards in both and haven't noticed any issues in a couple hours of testing and playing around.

One difference I noticed from other information on this forum is the 'start up' and 'shut down' image on the screen is the "Black Box" logo versus images of various cars. This indicates to me that they have firmware that's custom to "Black Box".

Prior to ordering I exchanged a couple of emails with the vendor and their response was quick and professional.

Last edited:
Just received my G1W from seller on ebay 'globalfreeshipping'. Unfortunately it is fake. Recording quality is terrible, and File is MJPEG .AVI 25fps. I thought I was safe since the listing stated H.264 MOV, but the actual unit format is .avi. Unit came in an orange box with 'HD BLACKBOX'. Specs on the box don't even match the unit (says .MOV.) Only paid $29 I should have know better :/.

ebay seller 'globalfreeshipping' = Fake

ebay seller 'globalfreeshipping' = Fake
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but thank you for the information. I think you can file with eBay as fake and are told to destroy the item and you get your money back.

Just a quick note, the fake version I purchased DID have an HDMI port, which worked for playback only, but not for live viewing. Checking for a missing HDMI port might still be a good method to watch out for fakes, but having the HDMI won't mean the camera has the NT96650. Perhaps I should crack mine open and see what is actually inside, although I am sure it is not genuine based on the file type and date format as in the screenshots posted above. (Nice addition to the thread BTW)

I ended up opening a case against the seller on ebay and they seem to be paying the return shipping, so at least there is no loss $ for me.

As someone mentioned before, taking a picture and then checking the 'properties' of the file on the computer may tell you what type of chipset is inside the dash cam. Can anyone confirm that this is true, or is it another cover up?

As someone mentioned before, taking a picture and then checking the 'properties' of the file on the computer may tell you what type of chipset is inside the dash cam. Can anyone confirm that this is true, or is it another cover up?
could potentially be faked via firmware. it's a lot easier to write fake firmware than it is to change what's laser-etched into the chip itself, so the only way to be sure is to open the camera. of course if they're buying counterfeit chips then all bets are off...

Back