The JADOSMART dash camera can't use in Canada

laoadam

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I bought a JADOSMART dash camera model: 880, which in my knowledge is pretty much a cloud base storage and commutation. that I tested not works well in Canada, this I think I was told at the beginning the product only work in China.
The purpose I post here is try to see if some one met this situation and did some work.

a Chinese link if you may want to check some thing:
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?i..._u=juo61se08a8&sku_properties=5919063:3284566

Thanks
Adam

Welcome to the forum.
This forum have seen very little Jado action, and if i am not mistaking you have a mirror camera, which are even more unpopular / not used among people in here.

Welcome to the forum.
This forum have seen very little Jado action, and if i am not mistaking you have a mirror camera, which are even more unpopular / not used among people in here.
Thanks.
Is it mean I introduced a new model here? just wonder if some one did DIY on the kid of camera?
Best

I think only a few of the most hardcore dashcam people on this site know much about jado cameras, i am a oldie and yes i know of the brand but thats also it for me.
There is a saying that the mirror cams are often of a lesser quality compared to the standard dashcams, but hard to tell if that is true, and while a dashcam can indeed be made with okay current hardware, this do not mean it will also be a good camera.

I would like one of those full with mirror LCD screens, but just connected to a reversing camera, this will be more easy for my old tired back when i am reversing as turning around in the seat are no longer as easy as it was 30 years ago.

it's a Chinese domestic market product, that may limit some of its functionality

Is there a difference in accessing the cloud and cloud storage there? I can certainly understand loss of region-specific things like maps and speedcam locations etc.

Phil

I was a bit "nervous" testing a Korean smart camera, but i never got as far as receiving the camera in the first place, but i think it would have worked.
Not that i am in any way pro smart cameras, but if it is there i must of course test it.

Is there a difference in accessing the cloud and cloud storage there? I can certainly understand loss of region-specific things like maps and speedcam locations etc.

Phil
if it takes a SIM card it likely has no carrier settings for other networks, if you can't set your own APN it's not going to get access, domestic market product so there's no reason they would have this so can't really blame them if it doesn't

if it takes a SIM card it likely has no carrier settings for other networks, if you can't set your own APN it's not going to get access, domestic market product so there's no reason they would have this so can't really blame them if it doesn't

And now I understand- Thanks (y) I would have researched whether it would work or not before parting with my cash if the manufacturer or seller stated "It's not for outside of China" ;) Not every experiment is a success no matter how much you want it to be.

Phil

even if you can set the APN it still might not have suitable network frequencies to operate on the Canadian networks anyway

Going for a weird named Chinese phone like my previous one, taught me to look for what bands it had, and what bands we Danes use.
For instance the new motorola moto G, it have 5 G but not sub millimeter 5G, so that might be a issue in places.

Dunno why i looked up that into earlier today, i am not in any way shopping for a new phone, and it will be at least 1 year before my provider have 5G in my town.
And i read a few days ago, they are already well into 6G for phones.

Back