The James Bond 'Goldeneye' Road in the Alpes Maritime , stunning 4K dashcam footage from Akaso Brave 6 plus.

bobflyman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stunning fast drive along the James Bond Road used in 'Goldeneye' and a paragliding flight at Greolieres in the Alpes Maritime. In brilliant 4K from the Brave 6 Plus.
Camera info here https://shrsl.com/2i5ms

For a more golden soundtrack.

More like the Itallian job, but without the exciting bit!

It's an amazing stretch of road! You wouldn't want to make a mistake or have a blow out while driving it.!

Awesome footage. I've always been hesitant to film while doing sports or stunts, though. Too easily distracted. Any tips for minimizing the camera distraction? I always fidget with camera settings which... is probably a bad idea while paragliding, lol

Doing some things for sure you will want your camera to be set and forget :)

For the most you will want to mount the camera on something, a selfie stick is one of the things but that you can not use often as you need both your hands, and it can even be dangerous interfering with equipment like parachute lines ASO

If you are not selfie minded, you can use yourself as the mount, and put the camera on chest / head / wrist, or strap it to most parts of bicycles / motorcycles

you want your settings done before starting, though say on a bicycle you could change settings at a red light using your phone.

Action cameras, you dont film with like a camcorder, you set it up, aim it as good as you can, start a recording and then get going, and hope for the best result.

For instance if you are skiing it is often you see video from the whole ride as several times during the ride the skiier will forget the action camera on his pole or selfie stick, so you get those highlight bleeps kind of footage.
That issue you dont have in cases where the camera are mounted on something rigid.

Awesome footage. I've always been hesitant to film while doing sports or stunts, though. Too easily distracted. Any tips for minimizing the camera distraction? I always fidget with camera settings which... is probably a bad idea while paragliding, lol
Hi, the camera was mounted on a suction cup attached to the window, you wouldn't want to be distracted while driving along that road! o_O
And yes, flying, also not good to be playing with cameras. I see a lot of newbies spending more time playing with their GoPro's before a flight rather than they do checking the important stuff.

I wear a half face helmet when paramotoring and the camera is mounted on top, but paragliding with a full face helmet I use what they call the 'back pack clip' and clip my action cameras on the chin of the face guard. I can turn it on and off easily there.

I was impressed with the 4K footage from that Akaso Brave 6 Plus . 4K with EIS at that price is amazing. I've just sent for an external microphone, Amazon USA as it doesn't appear to be available yet in the UK. I'm hoping it'll give me better audio when I'm talking to camera while flying. Is that called vlogging? There was a lot of wind noise from the internal mike.

Re the driving: needless to say it was speeded up footage, plus when I edited I rolled the video frame on bends to make it appear my big old camper was rolling at speed! There's no way I'd drive a big van along that road at speed. Some of those rock tunnels are blind bends. There's another stretch not far away where it's obligatory to sound the horn at bends!

Last edited:
Back