The latest dash cam from XTRONS

Davidyangg

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
hi, I'd like to inquire about one XTRONS DVR DVR028. I like its appearance and how it works by the info from the website.

But will it work with all aftermarket car stereo?
dvr028-1.jpg

But will it work with all aftermarket car stereo?
no, probably ok with a lot of the generic no name Android head units though, only 720p so it's not really a good choice in the current market, lots of better options for a little more money

It will probably only work with the same brand headunits.
Personally i am not happy about tieing together dashcam and radio in the car, i would prefer a stand alone dashcam.

I have one dashcam from XTRONS, it is super easy to use, connect by USB and use the app on the radio, it works flawlessly with my XTRONS Android unit. you probably won’t use the app much and if you want to access footage, the best way to do it is to remove the micro SD card and connect it to your computer

I have one dashcam from XTRONS, it is super easy to use, connect by USB and use the app on the radio, it works flawlessly with my XTRONS Android unit. you probably won’t use the app much and if you want to access footage, the best way to do it is to remove the micro SD card and connect it to your computer
Hi know this is old thread but hope can get help and rather not start new one for same topic.. I have this camara and the e46 xtrons head unit but can not work out witch app to and can not find video on any I've tried..

no, probably ok with a lot of the generic no name Android head units though, only 720p so it's not really a good choice in the current market, lots of better options for a little more money
What better options would work with my android headunit?

Thank you for answering.
I just installed a brand new Mekede (Navifly) 7862 128/6gb

I don't think there is a manual.
The wire harness include 2 yellow rca plugs. One for back cam and one for aux input.
But as far as I know the dvr cam has to be usb...

Last edited:
But as far as I know the dvr cam has to be usb...
this would limit your options, and also limit the resolution, you won't find any good cameras that will connect via USB, better to just get a regular dashcam of whatever type you like and not and not be limited in your options

this would limit your options, and also limit the resolution, you won't find any good cameras that will connect via USB, better to just get a regular dashcam of whatever type you like and not and not be limited in your options
I would rather have 1080P 30fps and decent low light video on my headunit than 2K 60fps on a secondary screen.
I'm mainly going to use the dashcam as toy gadget -but would like my toy to be as good as possible (within my budget)
Would the Anytek x28 be a bad choice?

I would rather have 1080P 30fps and decent low light video on my headunit than 2K 60fps on a secondary screen.
AV out from any dashcam with that function can be sent to your headunit

Would the Anytek x28 be a bad choice?
the feedback on that model is overwhelmingly poor, Anytek make cameras for the Chinese domestic market, the expectations are much lower than products made for export, devices like the Anytek are still standalone cameras but they use OTG to access via USB to set them up, kind of integrated, but not really, more of an inconvenience than an actual feature

AV out from any dashcam with that function can be sent to your headunit

the feedback on that model is overwhelmingly poor, Anytek make cameras for the Chinese domestic market, the expectations are much lower than products made for export, devices like the Anytek are still standalone cameras but they use OTG to access via USB to set them up, kind of integrated, but not really, more of an inconvenience than an actual feature
The problem is that the aux video in (yellow rca) only works with the preinstalled aux app. A few users tried usb cams, with dvr apps made for Android phones/tablets, but it doesn't work (screen stays black) I think it something to do with the chinese developers routing the video signal totally wrong. So if I want a dashcam that I can view and control from my headunit only the the chinese usb otg cams work.
Most of them are 720p, some are 1080p 20fps.
They also use old video sensors and most have limited field of view.
The x28 is 1080p 30fps, use Sony imx323 sensor and has a nice looking build quality.
I think it is quite popular in russia, and many users say the video quality is ok. -But it does seem prone to malfunctioning within a year.
Prices varies from 10-70 usd so I suspect the cheaper units use inferior hardware inside.
So unless I can find something better I think I will purchased one locally so I get 2 years warranty.

I would rather have 1080P 30fps and decent low light video
If you still need a good dashcam, and not just a toy or an additional beautiful accessory for the radio, I would look in the direction of the Viofo A119 V3 dashcam. You can see information about this dash on the manufacturer's website Viofo.

It has good quality of recording, including in the dark, and it has an AV output (4 pin jack 3.5 mm) and you can easily connect it to your head unit through the yellow RCA connector

Back