The missing original BlackVue SD card

alexchaing

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Dash Cam
DR550GW
Hello brothers

I have been to Seoul in the recent Easter Holiday and bought a BlackVue DR550GW-2CH with Power Magic Pro in a local mall. It seemed a good deal as they gave me an additional Transcend 32G SD card. However, I later found that the original BlackVue 16G SD card was missing.

I have a couple of silly questions, please help.

1. Can the DR550GW operate without the original BlackVue 16G SD card?
2. What are the softwares in the original BlackVue 16G SD card? How can I get them back?
3. Without the original BlackVue 16G SD card, how to check the firmware version of my DR550GW, though I'm sure it's Korean.

Thanks in anticipation of any and all help.

Alex

Hello brothers

I have been to Seoul in the recent Easter Holiday and bought a BlackVue DR550GW-2CH with Power Magic Pro in a local mall. It seemed a good deal as they gave me an additional Transcend 32G SD card. However, I later found that the original BlackVue 16G SD card was missing.

I have a couple of silly questions, please help.

1. Can the DR550GW operate without the original BlackVue 16G SD card?
2. What are the softwares in the original BlackVue 16G SD card? How can I get them back?
3. Without the original BlackVue 16G SD card, how to check the firmware version of my DR550GW, though I'm sure it's Korean.

Thanks in anticipation of any and all help.

Alex
When the camera is new the software is already loaded in it and then when you start it for the first time the camera loads the needed files onto the SD Card

Thanks for replying.

So all I need to do is to put the 32G SD card into the camera and then turn it on, everything will be fine. Thereafter. with that SD card, I can proceed to check the firmware version and change it from Korean to English.

Thanks for replying.

So all I need to do is to put the 32G SD card into the camera and then turn it on, everything will be fine. Thereafter. with that SD card, I can proceed to check the firmware version and change it from Korean to English.

Basically yes but there is a set procedure to change it in the 550. Read the threads

Thanks again for reminding.

Have gone through the whole forum and known of the great names: alexsoll. dashcamdave, hillbilly (of course) ......

I'm planning to DIY the hardware installation, confirm the Korean firmware version, apply the English language patch, upgrade to the English firmware version 2.000

but then I get stuck: should I go for Blackvue version 2.001 in English or the custom firmware of Alexsoll's great team?

Thanks again for reminding.

Have gone through the whole forum and known of the great names: alexsoll. dashcamdave, hillbilly (of course) ......

I'm planning to DIY the hardware installation, confirm the Korean firmware version, apply the English language patch, upgrade to the English firmware version 2.000

but then I get stuck: should I go for Blackvue version 2.001 in English or the custom firmware of Alexsoll's great team?

Up to you I only use the camera as a tool for an accident if it occurs.

Therefore I don't need Hollywood epic making software.

I am in Canada at present and have looked at some of the scenic footage with the standard firmware and its good enough for me..

Back