The mobius settings thread

Joske

Reaction score
Country
Azerbaijan
Hi all,

What settings work best for you. Maybe you have settings different for day/night/inside/outside/etc.

Let us know your settings. Once we have some settings, we'll make a poll to see who wins with the 'best ultimate camera settings'.

Have fun.

Let's start with a question for the mfr and isoprop.

How are the existing WHITE BALANCE SETTINGS obtained? 18% grey cards? - I find "auto" a bit odd - so use SUNNY - The rest Normal.

But I'm having issues where intense light source colours seem to be "whiting out".

How are the existing WHITE BALANCE SETTINGS obtained? 18% grey cards? - I find "auto" a bit odd - so use SUNNY - The rest Normal.

But I'm having issues where intense light source colours seem to be "whiting out".
The white balance settings are constantly being tweaked so the settings may/will vary in each firmware version. As you probably know, if you use mSetup you can set up to three custom white balance values yourself which you can base on one of the 4 fixed white balance settings. The program will show the RGB values used for the fixed settings used in the current firmware version so you can modify them as you wish. The values shown in mSetup are read directly from the camera and are provided as a starting point in order to help the user. mSetup is the only program that enables you to view the settings defined by the firmware.
The Auto settings are based on many comparison clips and extensive testing and should suit the majority of users. The Auto settings will, obviously, not be perfect under all conditions. For this reason the developer provides an almost unlimited amount of parameter combinations you can set yourself.

As you probably know, if you use mSetup you can set up to three custom white balance values yourself which you can base on one of the 4 fixed white balance settings.
That's my next move - I've a friend who builds and maintains Cine and TV cameras and lenses - So I'll see if I can have some time with their 2x3 metre colour charts. If not than I'll have to buy some small ones - they're not that expensive

The white balance settings are constantly being tweaked so the settings may/will vary in each firmware version. As you probably know, if you use mSetup you can set up to three custom white balance values yourself which you can base on one of the 4 fixed white balance settings. The program will show the RGB values used for the fixed settings used in the current firmware version so you can modify them as you wish. The values shown in mSetup are read directly from the camera and are provided as a starting point in order to help the user. mSetup is the only program that enables you to view the settings defined by the firmware.
The Auto settings are based on many comparison clips and extensive testing and should suit the majority of users. The Auto settings will, obviously, not be perfect under all conditions. For this reason the developer provides an almost unlimited amount of parameter combinations you can set yourself.

Greetings Barbagris, Please excuse me if I am asking the wrong person or area, I am new to the Mobius Action Wide Angle Camera, So here is my question...
All of my video is very out of focus, I have uploaded my settings for Mode 1 and Basic Settings so you maybe can take a look to see if my problem is a settings
issue. I have just upgraded the Firmware to 2.25 from 1.13.......

Thank you very much for taking the time,
Regards
Dev

Attachments

That's my next move - I've a friend who builds and maintains Cine and TV cameras and lenses - So I'll see if I can have some time with their 2x3 metre colour charts. If not than I'll have to buy some small ones - they're not that expensive
Greetings Barbagris, Please excuse me if I am asking the wrong person or area, I am new to the Mobius Action Wide Angle Camera, So here is my question...
All of my video is very out of focus, I have uploaded my settings for Mode 1 and Basic Settings so you maybe can take a look to see if my problem is a settings

Regards
Dev

Attachments

Regards
Dev
Like I have said I am new to this and do not quite understand how to do this, can you give me any insight please
Thank you very much
Dev

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A Little screwing with the ole allen key and a bit of a turn on the lens back in focus and working perfect!!!
did not know it was such a no brainer, Sorry to bother you all with such a stupid question,
But I do emensily appreciate your advice it got me down the correct road!!
For that I thank you!!!

I had the same issued when I dropped it lol
I did not drop mine, I have the Wide Angle model and I was pulling off the lens cover which I mite add is
quite tight, so I took a turn on it and I guess that was what misaligned my lens.

Thank you for your comment btw
ps check out my activist site
http://truthsaboutthe815.wordpress.com/
The proper way to go about putting a dent in the police corruption
one reason I bought the cam

I spoke to roxor for his settings and I tried setting White Balance to Cloudy. In daytime it looks quite nice but in night time, it looks like this:

(F/W 2.25, Cloudy, WDR Lowlight)

If I switch it back to auto, colors look much better and WDR looks like it actually works. I did change WDR from lowlight to on just to see what the difference was. I found the lowlight setting to be boosted very unnaturally with alot of dark blue patterns in dark areas.

(F/W 2.25, Auto, WDR On)

i guess this is the mobius settings thread? just got my mobius wide angle cam, with fw v2.25

i have little knowledge on what values to set values for these params:
time-lapse video =
video clip length =
loop recording =

"motion detection" i guess is when vehicle is not moving and an object motions in cam's view? should this be on when vehicle is rolling?

i have it set to "power on default" to video mode 1, though today when i turned it on and drove around a bit it didn't record anything. ;-) though the red led was blinking the duration of short drive.

a little insight into these items will help get started before i move into the "advanced settings" and get really confused.

...a little insight into these items will help get started...

Below you can see my settings, as an example, though they relate to v1.20. The latest firmware may have a few differences. If you hover your mouse over the various options when you have your Mobius connected to the Windows GUI, you'll see an explanation of what they're for. Don't click on 'Set Parameters' until you've visited all 4 setting pages.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Below you can see my settings, as an example, though they relate to v1.20. The latest firmware may have a few differences. If you hover your mouse over the various options when you have your Mobius connected to the Windows GUI, you'll see an explanation of what they're for. Don't click on 'Set Parameters' until you've visited all 4 setting pages.

View attachment 10763 View attachment 10764 View attachment 10765 View attachment 10766

many thanks. it gives me a bit of pathway to begin. i did see the mouse over and explanation text but a few, well, just didn't sink in ..yet. viewing your set will help. thanks for the heads up on "Set Parameters". i've already made that mistake. ;-)

i guess this is the mobius settings thread? just got my mobius wide angle cam, with fw v2.25

i have little knowledge on what values to set values for these params:
time-lapse video =
video clip length =
loop recording =

Sorry for the bump of an oldie but I'm still challenged by the settings. Doing a lot of research and am learning - somewhat :confused:
And, no doubt there'll be more learning, by trail & error ;)
I have a new Mobius with the A lens & the latest version of the firmware. For now it is battery powered. I have not yet installed it in the car.

My objective & goals are simplistic. I just want the camera to record some good quality images - night time is not an issue as I hardly drive then.

When reviewing the images, I need something that is fairly clear & sharp, with good contrast. Eyesight is not what it used to be :rolleyes:

There are a few of the settings that I don't know what to set them to:
1. Video clip length ? was thinking 5 ??
2. WDR ? do I even need it on ? If so, at what value ?
3. FOV ? I'm thinking "narrow" would give me a more clear view ?
4. Photo Mode - photo frame size ? Rotate photos - yes/no?
5. In the advanced settings - should I adjust the sharpness / contrast values or just leave at default ?
6. and finally, aspect ratio ? - I would be reviewing the videos on my computer screen - not on a TV

Any input / advice greatly appreciated.............:)

1- Most folks use either 3 or 5 minute settings; I like 5.
2- WDR adjusts the can to changing light conditions so I like it "on". Especially important driving both day and night.
3- Narrow FOV will render a clearer picture with clearer details, but it will also miss the edges which wider settings will see. Your choice; try both and see which you like best.
4- Photo modes don't affect dash-cam operations (modes 1 and 2). These are for those who use the cam for still pics.
5- Experiment with these a few 'notches' at a time to see what they do, and work on only one setting at a time.
6- I think this is just for viewing on a TV or monitor, viewing through a computer works with default setting.

Phil

Back