The New FM and GUI released on 2015 03 03

RockThinking

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
INNOVV C1, C2, C3
Click below link and move to the bottom of the page, find the downloadable files source,
http://www.innovv.com/#!the-c3/ckmf

Click the file, C3 FW &GUI _20150303 to download.

The last updated the FW and GUI included.

Updating process,
Unzip the file, you can see two files,
1. FWC3.bin
2. C3-GUI Configuration Utility

If you do not need change anything, connect the camera to computer and put FWC3.bin to the root of SD card, and power on camera, the red LED blink till off.

If you want to have custom settings, like your logo on video, the video length or others,
a) connect the camera to computer and put FWC3.bin to the root of SD card, and
b) open C3-GUI Configuration Utility and make setting per your preference, and save it to camera.

Power on camera, you can see first Red LED blink, then Green LED blink till LED off, both FW and GUI updating finished.

Please be sure, the lens should plug into recording unit.
If lens installed on car or bike, you can take the SD card from recording unit and insert it to computer, save the FW and GUI files to the root of SD card, insert the SD card into camera again, power it on, it will update accordingly till LED off.

The process is simple and easy.
yelrotflmao.gif
yelrotflmao.gif
yelrotflmao.gif

file size is 99mb instead of 118mb..video bit rate slowed to 12mbits instead of 15mbits.
still works well...great job Rock
L files is there ..no HT files..but..I have not use it for long...just 5 minutes.

I like 15 mbit video myself...so I went back older version..

Installed new firmware from file: C3 FW &GUI _20150303.rar
Time and date stamps are missing now. I even re-created the config file with the config tool, but still no time and date in the video.

This is the config file:

datetime=2015:03:08 23:32:00
datestamp=on
videostamp=K1600 GT
poweronrecord=on
autopoweroff=none
moviesize=1080p
photosize=3m
videocliplength=30min
selftime=5s
continueshot=1
videosound=on
wb=normal
recordingindicator=on
hz=60
motiondetect=off
ev=0
saturation=normal
gsensor=off
tvmode=ntsc
lapsetime=off

Does your name stamp work?

Didn't notice, will check, but I got the date stamp problem fixed.

1. Set date stamp to off, to see if the setting was reversed - Still no stamp
2. Set date stamp back to On, to toggle the setting, Now it works.

(The new default is OFF, but apparently, just having datestamp=on in the config file is not enough to turn it back on. Seems like the firmware sees the ON state as unchanged, and so it doesn't update the actual flag for time stamps. If this is true, it should really re-write all the config parameters, whether they've changed or not, in case any of the stored settings have become corrupted.

The name stamp was also missing, but it's back now.
(I held the reset button in 12 seconds, camera turned off, I then reloaded the config, which may have something to do with the name stamp returning. (Assuming that's the way to do a factory reset..)

not sure on this version but on earlier versions if there was a space in the name it wouldn't display or display incorrectly

The time and stamp is disable on default setting in version of FW.
Nothing else changed.
To do so, because the most riders do not need the time and stamp, and it is difficult for them to make setting on GUI, do not want to touch GUI, just let it go.

O man i am late to this party :(
Will get the C3 out of the car tomorrow for a firmware update and a file inspection, but judging by the LED on the C3 it have been performing normal the past weeks.

Back