The NEW Viofo A129+ Duo - unboxing and specifications

[QUOTE = "Velvetfoot, gönderi: 523559, üye: 67663"]
129 artı ikilisi için 130 dolar iyi bir anlaşma gibi görünüyor.
[/ALINTI]

155 dollars, but Viofo offers a discount of 25 dollars. 15 units have been sold so far.

Which site are you ordering the cam from, that is a bloody good price.

@yasinatalay

It's a very good deal and a good cam overall too. The A129 Duo has been around longer and so has had more time to get everything right with it. The "Plus" version is quite new so might or might not be sorted out equally well- I haven't seen enough good or bad to have an opinion.

It should serve you well and I don't think you will have problems.

Phil

I would suggest that you read what others who are using this cam are experiencing before buying. Pay particular attention to how well the features you need are functioning since that is usually where problems are found.

I tend to not recommend the purchase of any new cam model until several members here have given it a thorough work-out in all road and weather conditions. Once a good history has been established then I might recommend. I've seen too many cams have problems which were either not fixed quickly, were not fixed well, or sometimes were not fixed at all :( So "wait and see" is really the safest approach ;)

One thing I will say is that all of the high-resolution multiple-channel cams run hot, and when you use them in a hot climate reliability problems can occur. Sometimes selecting a lower resolution setting helps with this, but then why pay for performance you cannot use? So sometimes a 'lesser' cam can actually be a better choice. Viofo does make good quality cams using some of the better sensors and processors, and video quality is usually very good too. Each model doe have an issue or two going on, buyt most cams are this way to at least some degree. So rather than me suggesting a choice, you should have a look at what is known for yourself and make your best choice from there :cool:

Phil

Viofo Cameras don't suffer heat issues like cough cough Zenfox. I have had my Viofo running in 35C before and it never shuts down. One is on suction other is on windshield of a car that has sat in sun all summer. It's not like 35C is all the time. 35c = 95F However, the camera does fine. I am sure even on 25C day (77F) a car heats up and gets hot in the sun. Again, no failures related to heat from Viofo.

That being said they are only two channel cameras at the moment. WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE Viofo to do a 3 channel one like you and I tested from Zenfox. Or cough cough @jokiin street guardian. You know they'd get it right before releasing!

@yasinatalay

It's a very good deal and a good cam overall too. The A129 Duo has been around longer and so has had more time to get everything right with it. The "Plus" version is quite new so might or might not be sorted out equally well- I haven't seen enough good or bad to have an opinion.

Phil
@yasinatalay

Phil
thank youu

How did you get to be a beta tester for Viofo? I have their product (2x A129 Duo) in both my vehicles for 1.5 yrs now, and they are reliable. Wish the duped frame issue would get resolved in SDK, but the camera itself is a workhorse. Never once locked up on me. I would definitely love to test out their newer products.
It is very simple! I was the first beta tester for Viofo ever. I am one of the oldest members on this forum, first user after Dashcamman which was helping people on this forum, giving advices.
Many manufacturers want to test their devices but I have no time for all but also I test only the products I trust.

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: yeah, I know, how to be a first beta tester some guy from a strange country like Romania? Also on RCGroups some members were very curious few years ago how I was the first beta tester for SJCam SJ5000, before Viofo exists. Oh, and then I was for GitUp. This story is already boring for me. I am more than a beta tester. Some functions on dash cameras are my original ideas.

It is very simple! I was the first beta tester for Viofo ever. I am one of the oldest members on this forum, first user after Dashcamman which was helping people on this forum, giving advices.
Many manufacturers want to test their devices but I have no time for all but also I test only the products I trust.

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: yeah, I know, how to be a first beta tester some guy from a strange country like Romania? Also on RCGroups some members were very curious few years ago how I was the first beta tester for SJCam SJ5000, before Viofo exists. Oh, and then I was for GitUp. This story is already boring for me. I am more than a beta tester. Some functions on dash cameras are my original ideas.

Never been to Romania so can't speak for the strangeness, but if all the stuff I've seen online from Romania speak truth, poverty is definitely a problem. Only experience I've had with Romanians are the Gypsy / Roma SOB's that everyone hates. They were locust in France. I've met some Romanians, my neighbors are from there, and they are nice people. Every place has it's good and bad.

Imagine the Dash Camera has allowed you to capture some interesting videos over the years!

The eMMC version on Viofo aliexpress store has 16GB eMMC.
Screenshot_20200920-074321.png
What is the function of the eMMC since there is also a standard microSD card slot?

The eMMC version on Viofo aliexpress store has 16GB eMMC.
View attachment 53415
What is the function of the eMMC since there is also a standard microSD card slot?

Still can't select the eMMC version in Viofo store in Aliexpress.

I'm thinking it's either like the DDPai mini3 with built-in eMMC or the 16GB eMMC is to save videos incase the microSD card fails.

Anyone know how to tell if you have the eMMc version? I purchased directly from the U.S. Viofo site. When I removed the SD card it states no SD card present and will not go into record mode.

Anyone know how to tell if you have the eMMc version? I purchased directly from the U.S. Viofo site. When I removed the SD card it states no SD card present and will not go into record mode.

The A129 Plus eMMC version is not out yet. Only the non-eMMC version is available.

Please wait for the final version, we will release a new version next week.
My front camera FW version is 20200922 and rear camera is 20200807.
What is the last FW version for the rear camera and where I can get it?
Thanks!

My front camera FW version is 20200922 and rear camera is 20200807.
What is the last FW version for the rear camera and where I can get it?
Thanks!

Seems you have the latest firmware in viofo website

First time I updated the FW I did it all in camera in the car, not via the PC

Back