The new Viofo A139 Unboxing and video sample

SiMo1552

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Video for unboxing Viofo A139

I like the new design of the main camera and how compact it is. It has Sony IMX335 sensor that captures high quality images and is especially effective in video recording at night.
Even though the camera doesn't have a screen it is easy to enter setting and download videos from mobile app with high speed 5Ghz WIFI.
Moreover I like the fact the interior camera can catch the sides of the car wish allows to capture the road from both sides.
Also the new coaxial cable for the rear and internal camera makes the installation much easier.
till now didn't face any problem with it and working perfectly even in hot weather.
I'm looking forward to Viofo to release the CPL filter and HK3 for A139 to test parking mode.

Main Camera:
IMG_20201031_141817.jpg IMG_20201031_165954.jpg IMG_20201031_170120.jpg IMG_20201105_165306.jpg

Specs:
Processor:
Novatek 96687
Sensor: Sony STARVIS IMX291
Resolution: QHD 2560 x 1440@ 60fps/30fps
Lens Angle: 140°
Storage: MicroSD, up to 512GB
GPS: Yes
WIFI: Dual-band 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz
5 Ports: USB-C Power, Interior & Rear Cam, External Mic, AV Out

Rear Camera:
IMG_20201031_141843.jpg IMG_20201105_1657562.jpg
Resolution: FHD 1980 x 1080@30fps
Lens Angle: 140°

Interior Camera:
IMG_20201031_141909.jpg IMG_20201105_1653542.jpg
Resolution: FHD 1980 x 1080@30fps
Lens Angle: 170°
IR LED: 6

Sample Videos from A139
*I want to mention that I have tinted window 50% on rear and sides

Bitrate: High
Exposure: 0.0
WDR: On

At the sunny morning:

At Sunset:

At Night:

Last edited:
Nice videos :)

Note: it should be "Sample" in the title, not "Simple", almost right, but it looks very wrong!

Nice vids indeed @SiMo1552 (y)

Very interested in hearing how it does in higher temps- you seem to be the one in the hottest location right now ;)

Phil

Yes, not much hot weather testing possible up here at the moment, i an sort of hoping it will be possible to do some colder weather testing at some point.

Can the video position be adjusted?ex: the video of interior camera at the top

Can the video position be adjusted?ex: the video of interior camera at the top
Are you speaking of the view during playback? I don't think it's moveable on the camera app, but some viewing platforms and most video editing apps let you do things like that.

Phil

In the APP there are no option to move the 3 feeds around when you preview them, playback in the APP i think are also just of 1 feed / channel at the time.
The options in the APP are each channel alone or all 3 channels at the same time, no option to just do 2 of the channels as PIP.
The 3 in 1 videos above are edited in software and so you can arrange the video any way you like then.

Many video editing programs have a sync feature of multiple cameras that are not the same brand / model / video format, i think most often these are synced up from a point in the audio from each camera.
In this case as all 3 videos are from the same camera, you just put them on top of each other in 3 tracks in your video editor as they are in sync.

In general you of course do not want 3 video feeds crammed in to 1 file, the above videos are half of 2 videos ( middle 50 % of the front and rear channels ) and then a small window with the full video from the cabin camera are put on top of the 2 other videos.
So the 3 in one videos above, technically as you have lost 50% of two of the videos it is just 2 in one as 25% if each side of the front and rear camera have been cut in video edit.
You can of course just make all 3 videos smaller windows like the cabin one so there are room for them and nothing is cut, but then it is small videos and you have a hard time seeing what go on.

In the old days there was a few dashcams that stitched 2 video feeds together into one video file, but this is a flawed way and i think abandoned by now.

Last edited:
I dont think there are any camera where you have the option to adjust contrast, but most offer Ev adjustments for each channel.
But to be honest Ev i have not looked at if thats a option for each channel on the A139

But to be honest Ev i have not looked at if thats a option for each channel on the A139
It is :)

WDR is a global setting, not individual channels, but that is effectively a contrast adjustment.

I want to add how easy to switch on and off manually the Interior camera IR LED from the main camera.
Click the power button ones, If the LED lights flashes twice that mean the IR is on, and if flashes ones that mean is off

I want to add how easy to switch on and off manually the Interior camera IR LED from the main camera.
Click the power button ones, If the LED lights flashes twice that mean the IR is on, and if flashes ones that mean is off

That's cool. How did you find out about that?
Do you normally have the IR LEDs set to auto?

That's cool. How did you find out about that?
Do you normally have the IR LEDs set to auto?
I was set it off. I keep trying what buttons do and keep my eyes on mobile app to see what has changed. then I saw the LED flashes different after switched on and off

Last edited:
I was set it off. I keeps trying what buttons do and keep my eyes on mobile app to see what changes. then I saw the LED flashes different when I switched on and off
It is going to get a different "beep" for on and off in a future firmware, it will be easy to tell what it is doing.

Back