the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

abarth

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGZC12RC░░ mini0805░░ viofoA119░░B1W
seems a few of us are in the hobby or at least have an interest in it. so show us what you got.

DSC09117 by nes, on Flickr

Photo 1 - 2013-01-29 by nes, on Flickr

DSC09259 by nes, on Flickr

Camera Roll-46 by nes, on Flickr

Import 1 by nes, on Flickr

the rest of my RC collection that I don't have pictures of are:
RC8.2E
RC8.2e_RS_RTR_800x600.jpg

1st gen DJI phantom:
dji-phantom-vision-2-plus-004.jpg

axial SCX10 honcho:
97551_AB_Axial_SCX10_Trail_Honcho_110_4WD_RTR_axial_by_Hobbico_Revell_AX9002251229_900.jpg

Id like to see you handle a serious quad copter with 3 foot blades :mad:

Sounds knarly methinks :D

I have to admit I'm poor RC pilot. I actually still haven't flown my DJI with my gimbal and SJ4000. otherwise, I'd share some. once I get a bit more skill and confidence, i'll be making some videos!

i have been into RC for decades, but only lately have i owned my own models.
PPL i have been hanging out with have been highly addicted, so for the most i have been driving - sailing - flying with ther stuff.

But this is what i have myself now.

A losi micro crawler, modyfied to scaler with a jeep body.
STA70052.JPG

My RC4WD reailfinder 2 ( first edition )
I have a lot of mods for that one, one is 4 channel lights i can control ON/OFF on my transmitter ( not on the current blue body )

STA70031.JPG

STA70030.JPG

STA70047.JPG

And i have my Axial honcho, dont drive it any more and i am reusing the parts for a projekt with a GI Joe jeeep body ( large scale )
2011-09-04_17.26.07.jpg

I allso have a Losi comp crawler with a little mods on it, sadly we dont have any places here where it can get full use, so it just collect dust.
IMG_9705%5B1%5D.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

Here is a fjew videos with the "toys" in action.

O yeah i allso have a fjew G-scale trains, but those i can only run in my firends garden, here is my Bachmann at the head.
Bashing on a fjew of friends "toys"

Last edited:
ran out of media space so here is 2 more videos

PS. is set up right the DIIJ quadcopter fly itself, at least my firends did/ do the times i have flown with it.

I'm loving that trail finder 2. it's funny, I have those same RC4WD wheels on my honcho that you have in it's bed.

and on the DJI, yes, hovering is no problem but I can't do half the things that my brother in law can do when I hand him the sticks. granted, he's been flying helis since he was a teenager and I'm just starting.

You KamKar are perfect for the JooVuu X improvement........ Again.

When are others that have received it going to chine in with something.

hehe if any one think they are devloping a kick ass action camera,thats durable and waterproof, well just send it to me and i will put it to the test.

I have drowned a fjew cheap waterproof cameras by now :D

The videos above is not made with a x camera, a fjew is made with my drowned rollei bullet camera, the rest is made with a proper camcorder.

But in between myself and my friend we have quite a array of things to strap cameras to, problem is with onbord footage on RC cars it get very bumpy as soon as speed go over 3 km/h

Top speed on our scale 4x4 trucks is around 12 - 15 km/h
The footage i have up from the TF2 with the blue body in my X cam footage thread is in #1 gear with the TF2 and little speed, i assume i do about 2 km/h in the tall grass.

Flying my friends phantom is a pice of cake with the onbord GPS and gyros on and calibrated proberly, i picked it right up and flew it, and i never flown a helicopter and its been +30 years since i tried to fly another presons plane for a minute or 2 before he yanked the transmitter from my hands.

Seem simple the phantom, one stick make it go up or down,the other make it go forward / back or left or right, or a little of each if you wish.

Best part is if you panic just let go of the sticks and it just stop and hover.

you can disable all the smart stuff in it, then you can do loops and what not with it, but my friend mostly got it as a camera platform, and he is dissepointed over the short flight time on each battery ( he have 10 batteries )

The friend I visited in Ohio for vacation a few weeks ago has a DJI Phantom fully kitted out and it's almost impossible to crash it unless you're really stupid. GPS programmable with a GoPro Hero4 I think it was. Very nice and I'd love one myself, but I don't have $2K USD to spend on a toy :eek: I will be getting something smaller (and much cheaper) someday but with current bills and Christmas coming it will have to wait awhile.

The US will be requiring private-owned drone registration now, just saw that on local TV news yesterday. IIRC, it was going to be up to a $5K fine for failure to register. Funny thing, our FAA is legally restricted from requiring training or licensing of private drone operators although they have that authority with anything else that flies anywhere otherwise. US law is nuts :confused:

Phil

Yeah sadly a fjew ignorant quadcopter pilots have ruined it for all the good guys out there.

Phil. you dont have to go as far as 2K dollars, that will be overkill, not least for a first time pilot.

Just hook up with the ppl at the local club for RC planes, there is proberly allso a fjew guys flying quadcopters there, and they can help you get off the ground much cheaper.
Dont go for a camera gimbal and other smart stuff first, just use a simple mount for a cheap gopro or simmilar

i have a good eye to somthing like this
http://www.droneshop.biz/multirotors/hexacopters/f550-arducopter-gps-hexacopter-fully-built.html

The pixhawk controller is pretty sweet, with a little transmitter off your phone you can even launch vith the phone and have the copter fly a pattern you have programmed from home.

you can go full James Bond and just launch and leave the reat to the onbord computer.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, good stuff indeed. I will need mine to do FPV so it will need the lifting capability and stability that calls for. For my planned use I need neither great range or long flight-time; most of my use will be short in time and well within my view from the ground but some flying I will not be able to see the machine though it will be close-by. It's all in the future though- it may be many months before I can pursue the idea. By then there will surely be more and newer machines to consider so till then I'm just watching from thew viewing gallery.

Phil

It is that time of the year, and there is a smarter way to do things.

And a lot more fun than using a leaf blower. :)

My Syma X8C blows fallen leaves as good as a blower.
Need to make a video but it's a big and heavy quad to fly in backyard that's next to a street.

Here are my quads:
Two Syma X5C's and Syma X8C:

DSC03313-Syma-x5c-x8c.jpg

DSC03314-Syma-x5c-x8c.jpg

Cheerson CX-20 is on the way... ;)

This is how you should blow leaves... ;)
Can I say redneck style or drone style? :D

Just been a trip around the interweb, and i remembered this one, not sure if its RC but my trains are RC.

Good stuff, and how i would like my garden to look if i win in the lottery tomorrow ( prayers needed )

Back