the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

Hey guys and girls, it's been a while since I've flown or drove anything R/C related, my "E"-bug is taking over and i start to "loose" a lot more time with this stuff. So here is my review of the tongue twisting "Ziyoujiguang" T18 which is an amazing small size eBike - moped that makes it awesome especially for daily traffic use. The powertrain is comprised of a 6Ah@36V Li-Ion battery a gearless direct drive BLDC motor "secretly" rated to 250-350W while the top speed it limited to just ~ 28-29km/h. Features include disk brakes for both front and rear, magnetic motor brake, dual front LED light, rear LED tail light and brake light adjustable folding seat post and foldable handlebar stem.

Last edited by a moderator:
30 km/h are also the max speed for e-bikes here, putting it beside the 30 km/h mopeds and bicycles.
There are no plans for a e-bike to stand beside the 45 km/h mopeds as those require a car or motorcycle license as they must drive in traffic where as the 30 km/h mopeds must drive like bicycles so on the right side of the road or on bicycle path there.
Just read the company renting e scooters here are looking at a fine as some of their scooters can do 25 km/h and they are supposed to be capped at 20 km/h

Thats pretty zippy :cool:
Down a really steep hill i once managed to push my race bike over 60 km/h, that's what elite cyclists do on a flat road somehow.
I may have been a bit faster than that on my first 2 race bikes, but back then in the 70ties there was no speedos for a race bike.
And when i finally got a cycle computer on my last race bike in 89 or 90, well i was also a ravaged smoker of anything so probably well into my decline.

ELF DLG at the local park - or as I like to call it - the sink hole ...
Check out the size of the Sun ...

It looks huge !

I am wondering if a camp fire will generate enough rising heat to fly forever.

Slope soaring ... I will have to find a decent slope .. So as long as the wind blows in the right direction , no reason you could not stay up as long as the battery would allow .

A perfect place to slope soar here would be along the West coast of Jutland as the prevalent winds here are from West., though most slopes there are just dunes 4-5 M tall, but i have seen people fly pretty big gliders off those too.
And there are bigger slopes / "cliffs" too, but those locations are often overrun by tourists.

Met 2 guys from Norway 2 years ago, they had a good old time with their gliders.
This is just North of the place called Cold Hawaii or Klitmoller for us locals. ( Klit being the Danish word for dune )

Last edited:
Yeah , wants important is clean air and something in the way to force that air up ...
Creating a curtain or cushion of air for the glider to ride on ...

In my younger days , when going bush I used to scout decent slopes ..
A nice folding chair , a hat , sunglasses and a nice drink within reach . Your set for hours of silent flight !
I have seen people slope the beach , just above where the waves roll in .. Id like to try that myself one day .

Rainbow 600mm Wing
93.3 grams flying weight
300mAh 2s Battery
8.20 min engine run / batt was 3.78v per cell at home when put on the charger .
It was some what windy , but my friend wanted to see a RC model .
I like wings , they fly well for what they are and can be put in the air cheap .
+ If built right can be very Noob Friendly !
My CG was 112mm from the LE , which is a little far back ..

While I'm still waiting for some new drones to arrive here's my review of the Fiido D2 which is a very comfortable 16" foldable eBike that uses a brushless-geared hub motor giving it very good torque thus having faster acceleration and better climb speed. The in-frame battery is rated to 7.8Ah@36V and will provide a 30-60km range!

Dusted off my old Phantom 3 PRO and took it for a spin at a local Mitsubishi OFF-Road Day event. It performed great as always although my "cinematic flying and filming skills" are a bit rusted.

Main thing is to have decent tires on your 4x4 or you will still get stuck on a wet lawn, i ran a set of M&S Yokohama tires on my L 200 and that finally made the car go off road, where the factory tires had me stuck on a wet lawn.
And M&S will be fine and also bearable to drive with on the hard stuff, it will not be enough for the super off road stuff, but really no factory Bitch su mishi are made for that.
My friend ran a set of big ass super off road tires on his land rover, worked perfect in the mud and dirt off roading, but on asphalt with a little rain or snow and it was like driving on oil or soap.

Mini DLG pro @ the Sink Hole after repairs ..
Pod broke on launch resulting in full down elevator .
This meant a high velocity landing immediately after launch .
Thankfully the carbon boom took the brunt of the damage .. ( And it looks to have been repaired ok )

Oh dear ! old's hits a tree !

Just tested yet another eScooter, the Leggo X9 which is not a "M365 clone", it's actually a totally different quality lookalike scooter that has some major differences. First and most important is that the X9 comes with rear suspension then it also has a longer and more comfortable deck and all is completed with a speed display similar with the one found on the newer Xiaomi "PRO" model. The rest of the specs are are similar and includes a 250/350W, a true 280Wh/7.8Ah 36V battery with the possibility of 9.6Ah LG upgrade, electric motor braking, disk brake, etc.

Back