the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

I've been using a Swallow EQ for years now, great charger IMO.
Charges all types of batteries, built in balance and runs off mains or 12v DC.
But they are hard to find now.

SwallowACIDC-EQcharger_179_1.JPG

Fully Australian C-Tick & Electrical Safety Compliant (Australia approval)

12V DC or 240V AC input
Intergrated Li-Po balancer
Includes adapter boards
1-14 NiCd/NiMh cells
1-6 Li-Ion/Li-Po/Li-Fe cells
1-6 Lead Acid cells
Charge Current: 0.1A-6A (100mah steps)
Discharge Current: 0.1A-1A (10mah steps)
Trickle Charge Current: 0-200mah

Forget all that chargers, best value with lipo HV support is the Accucell 6 charger from hobbyking, 30$ and you got a great little charger.

Forget all that chargers, best value with lipo HV support is the Accucell 6 charger from hobbyking, 30$ and you got a great little charger.
Indeed the accucell 6 is a nice charger. Same layout as a imax b6 but has support for LI-HV. The imax clone that i have from HK is not bad either.

Yeah its the imax b6 my friend allso use, or rather mostly use.

I dont get him the big Hyperion is no more complicated than my little one or the b6, but i cant tell that to my friend when he have deemed somthing stupid then it will remain stupid to him forever.

Yeah I'm planning on buying the imax b6 clone as well. I found one on Amazon for about $22, slightly cheaper than HK and I don't have to create yet another online account where my info could potentially be stolen. The fewer places that have my info the better.

Got asked in the RCG Forums if the JJRC H25G will lift a GoPro sized camera. So i strapped on the Git2, no dampening, low light, fog and only 3 degrees C. It flies quite well but the camera shakes a lot and with slow shutter speed it made the image fuzzy :) Anyway, I'll retest with daylight.

I think the question should be more like ( for how long can it fly with a gopro )

Most quads can lift "a lot" but when your propellers go at +90% speed all of the time it will cut down on your flight time.

So how's this for a clean build? Power distribution board and radio receiver (and all extra wires) are now inside the spacer. XT60 battery connector is now anchored to the frame to eliminate stress on the vehicle side of the cable, and keep the battery lead from getting into the props (note the large plastic splice in one of the battery cables heh). Also makes it easier to plug and unplug the battery.

The only thing I'm lacking now is a nut to fit the SMA antenna connector to secure the vtx. Found some on eBay but they all ship from China so that's weeks of shipping time. The LED on the receiver is bright enough that it shines through the spacer plastic, though you can't see it here because of the flash. I'm thinking of somehow trying to sort of seal off the front electronics "bay" to help keep grass and dirt out. Problem is that camera sticking out the front. Any suggestions?

Right now there are no LEDs on the front. The LEDs currently in the mail to me run from 5v instead of 12, so I just removed the blue ones from the front while I had it apart, and left the red ones on the back. That should be enough for me to continue practicing flying by line of sight. I'll power the new LEDs from one of the becs in the ESCs, which doesn't require me to take anything apart - the 5v lead and ground are already there next to the flight controller.

IMG_20160327_224123~01.jpg IMG_20160328_002007~01.jpg IMG_20160328_091431~01.jpg

I think the question should be more like ( for how long can it fly with a gopro )

Most quads can lift "a lot" but when your propellers go at +90% speed all of the time it will cut down on your flight time.

I got a total of 6 minutes and about 30 seconds at only 3 degrees C. Probably in warmer weather it would done better, the motors were cool (not even warm) also the battery was just slightly warm after the flight...

So how's this for a clean build? [/ATTACH]

Wow, that looks very good my 250 is still waiting for the TX, haven't flown it much lately...

surprised nobody commented on the big fat splice connector on the positive battery lead in the second picture... :P

that's what happens when your velcro lets go of the battery on a test flight, and the cable gets in the props. it cut almost all the way through - not sure how it kept flying, but it did!

surprised nobody commented on the big fat splice connector on the positive battery lead in the second picture...[emoji14]
that's what happens when your velcro lets go of the battery on a test flight, and the cable gets in the props. it cut almost all the way through - not sure how it kept flying, but it did!
I like your clean build but that battery so. Much on the back it's not helping.

I like your clean build but that battery so. Much on the back it's not helping.
I don't know how but it's actually very well balanced when I pick it up by the middle of the top plate. It's not like the wires, camera and flight controller are anywhere near as heavy as the battery...

I'm planning on getting some 2200mah batteries that will mostly fill up the empty space and probably be even better balanced.

I have added some adhesive Velcro on the battery and on the quad's back so when I play and exchange cameras I use the battery as a ballast. Nothing to scientific, I try lifting it from the middle of the bottom plate with 2 fingers. I also need to lower my COG as with top mounted batt and cam it struggles sometimes to return from a hard turn / roll, I have even crashed hard because of this while testing the gyro in the M10+ camera. The wind had gusts up to ~30km/h and the quad was close to ground, as a result of a side tilt I could not recover it properly and crashed, rolling on the ground and bashing the motors, props and camera. I believe that I was also in rattitude mode :p

I don't know how but it's actually very well balanced when I pick it up by the middle of the top plate. It's not like the wires, camera and flight controller are anywhere near as heavy as the battery...

I'm planning on getting some 2200mah batteries that will mostly fill up the empty space and probably be even better balanced.
For me more than 1500mah on a mini quad is overkill...

I have added some adhesive Velcro on the battery and on the quad's back so when I play and exchange cameras I use the battery as a ballast. Nothing to scientific, I try lifting it from the middle of the bottom plate with 2 fingers. I also need to lower my COG as with top mounted batt and cam it struggles sometimes to return from a hard turn / roll, I have even crashed hard because of this while testing the gyro in the M10+ camera. The wind had gusts up to ~30km/h and the quad was close to ground, as a result of a side tilt I could not recover it properly and crashed, rolling on the ground and bashing the motors, props and camera. I believe that I was also in rattitude mode :p

are those props made of glass? :p you'll like the king kong props - they might bend in a crash like that but you can just un-bend them and keep flying.

do you have one camera mounted on your head for these dual videos? and how hard is it to sync them up for the picture-in-picture?

the M10 gyro isn't as aggressive as the git2, and it really shows when panning left/right - the git2 almost feels drunk sometimes when panning.

are those props made of glass? :p you'll like the king kong props - they might bend in a crash like that but you can just un-bend them and keep flying.
Still, haven't ordered them, I'm currently in a deep $ crisis so all my hobby acquisitions are indefinitely suspended :( So i'm low on "glass" props, still no vTX and no CCD/CMOS dedicated cam.

do you have one camera mounted on your head for these dual videos? and how hard is it to sync them up for the picture-in-picture?
Yes, I use dual cameras and a head band. It's not complicated to sync as you can match an initial point with a sound. I generally stop my foot or clap my hands, this is easy to be seen in the audio waveform and match / sync the two videos.

the M10 gyro isn't as aggressive as the git2, and it really shows when panning left/right - the git2 almost feels drunk sometimes when panning.
Yes, the Git2 takes the stabilization to another level, maybe is also related to the sensor size as a 2mpix video is copped from a 4mpix (M10+) sensor or a 16mpix sensor (Git2).

Every time I see one of your dual camera videos, I think of this one from flitetest where they have a gopro attached to their transmitter to show you what different control inputs do to the craft.

Screenshot_2016-04-04-22-32-23.png

Back