the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

So since I'm putting that big 540 motor in my a969 and replacing the ESC along with it, I now have a spare motor and esc. And remember that car I thought had a big capacitor for a battery a few weeks ago? Well the reason I had it apart was to see why it wouldn't move in reverse and didn't do much in forward either.

Now I'm thinking its electronics might be in need of an upgrade. Where's my shoe horn?? :D:jawdrop:
IMG_20170511_233428~01.jpg
The ESC will fit just fine, a 1100mah 2s battery will actually fit inside the little door where the USB charging cable is currently, and rigging the servo doesn't look too bad either. The motor will definitely be a challenge though.

One of the things making "its good to be rich" true.

Even if I was rich I'd have a hard time shelling out 10k for a scale motor, no matter how good the craftsmanship.

10k for a crate motor for my 1:1 scale race car, ok yeah that makes a little more sense.

hehe yeah, i have no idea what a 572 / 620 CUI engine cost, but i know it would be a much sweeter deal than this little one.

Just give me something that make the tree huggers weep when they feel it, let alone hear it cuz i might get one of those press a switch and get exhaust bypass valve open. :cool:

The working tolerances of IC engines is also to scale, which makes manufacturing the small versions a very high-precision operation. That has to cost more ;) A quarter thou means almost nothing in a full-scale V8 engine, but can stop a tiny V8 engine from working at all. Gotta admire the dedication it takes to make these tiny jewels :D

Phil

Oh absolutely! I just have a hard time spending that much on what boils down to a toy. Then again, I guess a race car is a kind of toy, too... So I guess it's just what you're into.

Since my daughter asked for a bigger quad for her birthday, I've been looking...

She "assembled" her own computer this past christmas - my brother-in-law got her one of those "Kano" computers, which is just a raspberry pi with a little speaker board in a custom case, with a bluetooth keyboard/touchpad. i gave her an old 17" lcd monitor to go with it and she's been using it to play "hack minecraft", to learn to code in Scratch, and even learning some linux command line stuff.

anyway, what do you think of this quad? She would have to "build" it herself but I think it's a great starting point.

DM002 5.8G FPV With 600TVL Camera 2.4G 4CH 6Axis RC Quadcopter RTF
https://banggood.app.link/DR3z9VVocD

Not familiar with that one, but if it works then i am sure you will have one happy little RC aviator

ok so i think i want some real goggles instead of just a screen... found these:

also found some people have modded a DVR into them, but the DVR they used is out of stock on BG. but hey, i have an old dashcam (i1000/F70) that might work perfectly for this. it doesn't need to be HD or anything - 720p is plenty since the cameras on my models aren't HD anyway. as it happens, this dashcam is already dual channel, so i'd just need to figure out how to feed a video signal from the goggles into the dashcam to get recorded.

should be an interesting project if i can find the time for it!

I prefer those over the fatshark and others way with 2 small screens one for each eye, but off course i have only tried my friends fatshark predator V2 goggle.

Seem like my head are too fat for the regular king of goggles.

Chuck testing my Rainbow 2 ( checking CG )

Came in the mail today iRange IRX4 Multi Protocol Module from Banggood

To get my 9XR pro ready for this Module I installed openTx 2.2 ...

How good is this firmware (?) ... Give me some time , I am finding a few things that seem to be NQR .. So far I have been able to work around them .

I have bound ( this afternoon ) to date ( a few hours ) a Orange Rx ( DSM2 ) as well another DSM2 Rx ( I don't remember which one ) , as well a Flysky FS-R6B 6 ch Rx that is in my Rainbow 2 wing , and a WL Toys 959 Quad .
( 9XR pro - openTx 2.2 Firmware )

Now I would also like to try my 9XR with er9x Firmware , as it looks to support a Multi protocol module as well ..
I don't know that it will support this one ?
But hey !

Still some playing needed , lots and lots of playing with the iRange IRX4 ( And openTx )
I will do a review , but first I need to educate myself with the IRX4 and openTx .. ( Both go hand in hand )
With is better ? openTx or er9x ?
Which is easier to use , lets not forget - does er9x work with the module ?

So many questions needing answers !

Devo Bind ... ( Walkera W100s quad )
Wow ! The bind was painless ...
( Turnigy 9XR pro / openTx 2.2 )

It took me something like 20 attempts to bind the W100s to my Devo 7e ..
Binding the W100s to the IRX4 took all of one attempt .

Let me describe the bind process , seems to be some what reliable !

In the first menu ( setup )
go to multiprotocol ( where you chose your module )
Just chose Devo for the protocol ( for the W100s )

There is a option for Bind ( BND ) in the menu under multiprotocol ..

I like to fire up the Tx , and highlight the BND ( bind ) function ready for activation ( menu key )
Then plug the battery into the model , which will go into bind mode ...
As soon as this happens I start the bind process in the Tx ...
This method is as yet to fail to bind ..

I want my $5 back.

going to rip off my FAA number labels as soon as I get home.

and really, I think this will lead to remotely-identifiable tags on aircraft. I'm not sure how I feel about that, yet. on the one hand, it may lead to actually having the ID of someone if an incident occurs.

Back