the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

We took another little drive today, put about 6000 mah thru the little truck in 5 hours of almost constant driving.

Fantastic -

Might be time for a full sized 4x4 (?)

We been there, my friend have driven Landys for the better part of 2 decades, but no places here to go off roading, at least not if you dont count a big puddle of mud off road.
Even the military playgrounds are now largely off limit even for the military, though it is also proven that the reason those places now have rare frogs and what not are becuz the military tear it up with their tanks creating a lot of little water holes.

BUT ! as usual here in Denmark, stupid prevail.

So I had to get a boat, especially now that the winter si coming :D
Test run will come after the weather calms, we have 60+ km/h wind .... !

If you want to, you can run boat on powder snow.

Reactions: Mtz
I'm actually thinking of doing that :D

That would put a hell of a load on the electrics ... ( ? )
How did the ESC handle it ? ( Was it cooking )

Yeah boats are normally watercooled on the ESC and maybe the motor if its a inrunner and or the motor mount not least if its a outrunner.
So no lengthy snow sailing sessions if you like your hardware and want to use it come summertime.

We did a little winch testing yesterday, the winch on my friends TRX 4 have a dead lift capacity of 35 kg, so it have no problems dragging his fairly heavy truck with both axles locked up a incline.
The truck do have independent lock/unlock-able diffs, but the main 2 speed gearbox dont have a neutral gear, so either you just raw pull everything or you help a little with the wheels on the truck.

Off course if need be we have little scale ARB snatch blocks to use on the wire, increasing the pulling power.

Was out for a 6 hour walk with the little cars again yesterday,,, okay only 5 hours of walking :D us old guys need to sit down once in a while.
Also you will notice i haven't really filmed my own new car, this are mainly due to me being a idiot and painting it with the wrong paint that fall off.
So good thing my friends new Traxxas car look pretty good on camera, and the SJ7 Star do a pretty good job.

So I've got a Xiaomi Mi Drone 4K, I can say I'm really impressed by the build quality, flight test will come later as we have 70km/h winds here now ... :(

Looking forward to see you fly that thing.

Bring on more :) ...
I have a Eachine E58 on the way !
And just yesterday got bored so flew my JJRC H36 , I got bored flying it so programmed my Tx to enable the flip function ..
So now a can have some flipping good times with the H36 .

When you can buy a micro quad for $15 ozzi bananas , ??? Whats the world coming too ...

An "extreme" flight test of the Mi Drone 4K, it was windy as hell and to top it off I have received a phone call during flight while I was using the same phone for the drone app.

Looks like the drone and camera handled the windy conditions just fine (y)

Whoa - Nice ...

Also did the same test with the UpAir One Plus 4K - WiFi Digital Edition:

These 2 are probably the first 4k content I've watched on my 4k monitor. The mi had much better stabilization than the air up. Maybe the 2nd one will be ok when there's little/no wind, but how often will that happen?

Got the Eachine E58 from Banggood for review ..
Cant post the full review here :
So I will post the highlights ...

It does not handle wind well :
Two possible reasons , the 6 axis gyro and the toy transmitter . The gyro just does not seem to handle the rock and roll of buffeting .. The controller is vague enough to make windy conditions challenging .
We have had nothing but strong winds since the E58 arrived , just yesterday there was a wind warning in effect for the state ( up to 50mph winds )

I have flown the E58 inside the house ( its a little large for that ) , but it flies really well when the wind does not get up its skirt .
At the moment the E58 is selling for about $39 USD ( this is really cheap )
Here is the long link ( shortened links not permitted )

1) I get about 6 minutes before the battery low warning
2) Flies well , but not so well in windy conditions
3) Very resilient , I have crashed this more times than I care to admit ( so many things to hit around my house )
4) To record video , you need the app ( for the mobile phone )
5) I have tried to fly the E58 VIA the mobile phone app = Crashed ( my Android phone is not good enough = all the phones fault )
6) For a folding camera platform - the video is decent for 720 - but with all the rock and roll , I need a calm day to record some decent video
7) Its cheap $39 USD .. This is not a $1500 drone , so keep that in mind

For the price point this quad sells at I think its good value for your money , it is a toy and is priced with the toys and comes with a toy controller .
For a score I give it 8 out of 10 ..

Sorry guys , this is very much a shortened version of my review ...
old4570.com

Back