the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

Wow - What is the protocol ? ( Hubsan H216A X4 Desire Pro ) Would it bind to the iRangeX IRX4 ?

No time to watch the video, but Bluetooth makes no sense to control a drone. Range is just too short! Best range I've ever got on my Bluetooth headset is about 40-50 feet. That was open air with clean line of sight - no obstructions.

The controller connects to the phone and thus sends commands to the Hubsan APP which uses WiFi further to comunicate with the drone.

Wow - What is the protocol ? ( Hubsan H216A X4 Desire Pro ) Would it bind to the iRangeX IRX4 ?

It's WiFi, i think that there is no conventional radio RX in the drone.

I just saw this thread today... I am a big fan of anything RC. I have a few quads (including an FPV quad), a Stampede monster truck, but my main passion is helis...

A few pics...

UYXkn5T.jpg

qadydoh.jpg

1eJYd54.jpg

OtpDPBC.jpg

o8N5ijv.jpg

ECvQfeO.jpg

4XOu1rA.png

B1YbjWg.jpg

A video I took flying my FPV quad over the Scarborough Bluffs along Lake Ontario in 2013... No gimbals at the time yet just a GoPro hard mounted on the nose of 450 sized quad.

IMGP1296.jpg

Love the action shots :
My wall !

4x ready to go 450 helicopters ...
2x Project helicopters ( stagnant projects )
1x 250 heli ( not sure what is happening ) was missing a mount , purchased a mount for it , but ?????
3x Wings
1x DLG

Just got a Mantis 85 which is a mini brushless racer that comes truly RTF (ready to fly) as it includes even a FlySky FS-I6 hobby grade transmitter beside having a battery, a receiver, preset flight controller (PID) and even the TX bound to the RX ! The only thing missing is actually a LiPo charger and you can literally fly this out of the box. How does it perform ? You will see in the video.

Main Specs & Features:
- 3K full carbon fiber bottom plate set up with CNC aluminum alloy stiffeners, more durable and strong
- STM32F405RGT6 MCU BLHeli - S ESC provides stable power
- Adjustable angle of the FPV camera
- Supports Acro mode / Air mode / Angle modes
- Built-in OSD
- Radio stick to control PID tunes / FC settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaaaw I wanted one of those !!!! ( Mantis 85 )

Will the mantis handle 3s ? - Every review I have seen , has had issue with the battery ( provided )

Last edited:
Aaaaaw I wanted one of those !!!! ( Mantis 85 )

Will the mantis handle 3s ? - Every review I have seen , has had issue with the battery ( provided )

The ESC specs and the provided manual cleary specifies that it can only use 2S, probably it will burn out on 3S, I don't plan on testing it. I will search for a better battery. I's frustrating as I had some brand new 450mAh 45-90C 3S !

Another "mini", the MJX Bugs 3 Mini brushless drone with entry level racing abilities that now features the highly asked ACRO mode. It is equipped with 1306 2750KV brushless motors that provide good efficiency and by using as 2S 850mAh 45C LiPo battery it advertises a 10 minutes flying duration. The 2.4G remote control transmitter supports 2-way radio and will warn you for weak control signal (out of range) and battery low-voltage.

The ESC specs and the provided manual cleary specifies that it can only use 2S, probably it will burn out on 3S, I don't plan on testing it. I will search for a better battery. I's frustrating as I had some brand new 450mAh 45-90C 3S !

Might want a larger battery ?
The Eachine X73 was a massive disappointment .. ( Could not a find a battery that could handle the current the X73 wanted - 90C ) What a pile .. ( of spare parts now )
Got to watch for the current draw .. If it could handle 3s ( Mantis 85 ) , it would probably be ok ...

Last edited:
Damn that Chronos 700 looks like money ( $$ )

Looks like it is flown quite creative.

I was told at least back in the day Helis was some of the hardest stuff to RC, probably why its the one remote thing my friend have not tried.

When we moved for my friend last Saturday there was some of the other guys we drive our RC scalers with, and they did know my fried have a severe addiction, but still when they saw the +7 foot long USS Missouri and the 1:6 M1A1 tank they did do a little,,,,,OMG. o_O
They should only know that every 10 years or so he throw out 100 Kg or so of old RC stuff to make room for new stuff.
I have 3 of his cars here in my apartment, the 1:5 HPI 5B and 5T and then the contrast he drove overcompetetive in the old days.
We even found the tire heaters for the 1:5 car when we packed up his house, that also freaked some of the guys, but yes competitive driving and you need stuff like that :)

EV900.jpg

FPS = First Person Shooter ( gaming )
Sent for review / testing by Banggood

Wow , I was sent the Eachine EV900 goggles for review / testing and one could no help but notice the HDMI connector ( and included HDMI cable )
So what is a boy to do ( a old boy )
biggrin.gif

I still play games ( and why not ) , so I connected the HDMI cable to my graphics card so I could play looking through the goggles .
The video sample provided is close to what my aging eyes see .. ( Which is far better than other goggles I have used without correction )
In fact I am very pleased with the color , and sharpness ..
The camera is @ 14x zoom so there is IQ loss , so bear that in mind . But it actually reproduces at this setting what my aging eyes see .

I spent way too much time playing with the goggles on ( lost track of time ) , not really sure how healthy it is as it leaves you some what detached from the real world which can be disorientating . ( We are talking hours here ) .

I also did some youtube ( VIDEO ) which was surprisingly good .. So if you had a small DVR-Player with HDMI , you could watch movies on the go .. The Eachine EV900 also has a headphone jack ( havent tried it yet ) , so you really could shut out the outside world if you wanted to .

Are the Eachine EV900 a replacement for your computer monitor = NO ! in no shape or form would I say so .. Could they be a mobile entertainment center = YES they could . As long as what ever media device you use has HDMI , you are golden .

Would I recommend hours and hours of goggle use = HELL no ! , seriously I overdosed myself on these goggles . Sure it was fun but I over did it and it is about 16 hours latter and a nights sleep and I still feel a little NQR ..
I can understand how some people can DIE in front of their computer now .. I completely lost track of time and when I called it quits I was way tired - dehydrated and suffering a small amount of nausea .. ( Too much of a good thing folks - too much of a good thing )

Back