the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

Cool (y) i would like to try one, but other than that i think a E-bicycle would be what i would buy.

Cool (y) i would like to try one, but other than that i think a E-bicycle would be what i would buy.

I bought a xiaomi M365 electric scooter a few months ago (i think @TechTronic9000 has one, too). It's been great for my last mile(s) transport for my commute since I can now park way out and not have to pay insane prices for parking close to my office. it's also easy enough to ride to and from the train when i can.

i am also looking into doing an electric kit for my current flat-bar road bike bike but prices aren't that much lower than already built electric bikes. I'm still contemplating on which route to go.

I bought a xiaomi M365 electric scooter a few months ago (i think @TechTronic9000 has one, too). It's been great for my last mile(s) transport for my commute since I can now park way out and not have to pay insane prices for parking close to my office. it's also easy enough to ride to and from the train when i can.

i am also looking into doing an electric kit for my current flat-bar road bike bike but prices aren't that much lower than already built electric bikes. I'm still contemplating on which route to go.

Yes, I still have the "old" M365, since it I've added a Xiaomi QiCycle, then got the brutal Honghao S12 which got upgraded to this insane Wolf model :)

A night ride with the new electric "toy"

Since U posted the video I am guessing you didn'y die !

A small micro DLG , I bothered to take the camera ..
Wing might be overly thick , as it wont penetrate a decent breeze ...

DLG-gliders.jpg

3 x 1 meter DLG gliders
L to R
Elf - Raven 990 - Techone DLG 1000
Elf is my birthday present to myself ... Ones seriously Trick little DLG . A bit windy and sunny , but hopefully get it out soon for some trim flights ..

IGP8815.jpg

My latest Budget HLG build ..
1 meter design
3mm Depron construction
Flying weight 110.4 grams
2ch - Rudder / Elevator
Cost - $32 ozzi Bananas
$13 in materials - $19 in electronics

Another glider project !
This time , is it Sub Micro ? HLG , based off of the WL Toys V911 micro heli flight control board ...
CG was too far forward , and the cam battery gave out too early ..

These small gliders are very finicky about CG ..
Came home and did some minor repairs , moved the battery back and did a test glide in the back yard ..
Looks to glide a lot better with a more rearward CG ..
Wind came up , then started to rain .. So maybe no more fun for today ..

Bad camera angle ..
My budget R3 HLG @ the Park ..

If you fly those up here, you will be 5 - 10 M downrange for every second it is in the air :D

cant you launch from below a quadcopter to get some more airtime.

That would take two people and two transmitters ...

I was thinking go up with quadcopter with glider hanging under it, hover and put quadcopter controller down, pick up glider controller , release glider , press return to home on quadcopter controller.
I too was thinking this might take 2 people, but if quadcopter have return home option i think one guy can do it.

Yeah ! A GPS equipped / return home and land quadcopter ...
I can see that ... Be a fun experiment ..

IGP8856.jpg

Started to play with the Dancing Wings ...
Second thing it did was smack the ground and break !

I set the CG to factory spec ( 50mm from LE ) and it is insanely unstable ( testing after breaking it )
Dont even have that much elevon throw ...

Need a larger , heavier battery to move the CG forward ..

I haven’t played with my toys in over a year (I’m a newish dad). But here’s a clip from the Mavic Pro during our Maui vacation from a few weeks ago:

Mau mau iiiiii :cool:
If you have some osmo pocket footage don't be shy sharing that too.

Yeah the dad thing take priority over a lot of things.

Mau mau iiiiii :cool:
If you have some osmo pocket footage don't be shy sharing that too.

Yeah the dad thing take priority over a lot of things.

I do have some pocket footage but a lot of it is from family time so I’m a bit private about that. I’m very, very happy with the video output from the Osmo pocket. The video is way better than my Mavic Pro but then again, I may not have both of them set up with the same parameters. And I always have some sort of ND filter on the Mavic Pro so that’s likely a factor, too. But if I can dig up some not so private moments, I’ll make a compilation and post it up.

Eachine Tx06 FPV camera + Micro DVR

Back