the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

Another successful flight with the X2000 + Nano Talon, I'm preparing to upgrade the NT with a proper ESC and 4S power, it screams for more thrust, motor will be next
smile.gif

Wow . really comes in hot ...

PRO radiocontrol.

You do not want to get in close contact with this meat grinder, or have it drop its cargo on your head.
But i guess soon you can order a new fridge at Amazon and still have it droned in :giggle:

Delivery drones .. Not sure any are going to pass OH&S (?)
Flying over roads , streets , houses , schools and so forth .. They may wish wish to address those thousands of OH&S issues that will arise ...

Yeah seem dicey to me too, and i feel its a waste of resources, why not have people deliver the parcels its soon the only thing we are good at ( if we are allowed to by our incompetent overlords )

Seem like congratulations are also in order for the boys at Vandenberg AFB for the successful launch of the NROL 47 mission (y) Boys and their very expensive toys. :cool:

I guess thes mean rear endings in the CALI area was up again today ;)

The WPL B-24 is another realistic scale military RC truck that comes in RTR form but uses very cheap toy grade electronics. It's real purpose is to be modded an converted to a real hobby grade with proper servo, ESC, transmitter, receiver and maybe better motor and upgraded transmissions, but in all it makes a fine addition to have for its very cheap price.

I have been eying those, but i dont like the 1:16 scale though i have not looked at the actual with of the things to see if they support 1:10 axles i have.

Some FuriBee video ...

With an F1 and a number of mobius cameras to hand, I decided it was time to let them fly. My first drone just arrived - MJX Bugs B2W.
IMG_20180119_210605-01.jpeg
After reading some reviewers suggesting that it might not be suitable for a beginner, I decided to order another smaller cheaper drone to practice with. So I'm waiting for an Xs809hw in the mail, which is still strong enough to carry a Mobius, if not the F1.

That bug would be relatively lively .. I would suspect it has a noob mode , but like I keep telling my brother .... Best to actually learn to fly first !
My brother can not fly a regular quad , he has serious problems there ...
But for some reason he thinks he can fly altitude hold - which he can - until things get challenging - Then he is over his head .
Does he listen to some one with 30 years of modeling experience = No ( because he knows better ) .

So yes , definitely learn to fly first ..
I love the micro quads : Just ordered another yesterday .. https://www.tmart.com/BoldClash-BWH...F-RC-Quadcopter-260mAh-3-7V-Gray_p366881.html
Allegedly seriously whoop !

iRangeX i8X IR8M transmitter arrived for testing / review

Just edited some DIY video ..

Been busy ....
My DLG is getting closer to flight ready ...
Set up flaps on a 3 position switch and set up the elevator for launch .
Tricky business with OpenTx

Brutal 18650 test ...

Only 31 deg in the shade,,,,, daum im in the wrong place.

Even though the snow was too deep and too soft to support the weight of the JLB the bashing session was still amazing as the J3Speed would just float and snow-plane over in a cloud of pulverized snow. The extremely soft and ballooning tires also helped as they increased in diameter increasing the "plowing" effect. This was fun !

The VKAR Racing SCTX10V2 (Helion Select Four 10SC) was put to a tough test in heavy winter conditions, deep snow, uphill, ice and even chased by a dog. It did well and the electrics are really waterproof and survived the abuse. The only cons until now is the fact that the central differential is missing any silicone oil thus allowing power transfer to the wheel that spins the easiest making it hard to drive in slippery conditions, this will be solved easy by filling it with 10-15K WT oil and obtain a limited slip differential effect.

BWhoop came today ... ( Hot little micro )

A demo video reel taken entirely with the Xiaomi Mi Drone 4 and FIMI handheld gimbal in harsh conditions such as negative temperature as low as -7°C, high winds up to 65 km/h and at 2000m high altitude.

Back