The Technical Details between AR0330 vs OV4689 sensors and Ambarella A7LA50 vs A7LA50D processors

AndrewL

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Found a dash cam company "AX-Zone" who had two great posts that some technically minded people might enjoy. Perhaps one of the manufacturers could verify if it's true.

Ambarella A7LA50 vs Ambarella A7LZ50D
Post link

The basic difference between these two chipsets are: with D, means has an internal DDR. This DDR is 1G byte. It is enough for the basic functions. But it is not enough for some functions, like speed cam, and other functions. We made a following picture to help you understand the difference. And why we use the A7L50, not the A7L50D.

fEp3opf.jpg

AR0330 vs OV4689 on Ambarella A7
Post link

Ambarella A7 solution in the market now uses different sensor, and each sensor produces different functions.
Here the AR0330 means only this sensor, not the upgrade one which supports 1080P60fps. Spec is here

From this sheet, you can see:
1. Only OV4689 supports HDR function.
2. OV4689 support 1080P60fps, while AR0330 cannot (basic AR0330)
3. Both sensors can support SuperHD, if using the A7LA50 chipset.

wLWdE9E.jpg

Yellow cells mean the feature is supported

there's more to it than this with the chipsets but I guess logically they're only interested in features that relate to their products, what they've stated is basically correct though

there's more to it than this with the chipsets but I guess logically they're only interested in features that relate to their products, what they've stated is basically correct though

I figured as much, any good resources that are a good read for anyone not deeply familiar with the programming and architecture required to build a camera?

any good resources that are a good read for anyone not deeply familiar with the programming and architecture required to build a camera?

not that I'm aware of, it's just things you have to learn along the way for the most part

Back