The things you see walking ..

old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
So there I was walking home from hospital ( It's a bit of a hike ) But walking is good for you .
Hospital ? Yeah , my mom is in , got blood clots trying to kill her .. ( apparently under control now and she may be home soon )

Anyhow ! I was walking home , and I saw this little 4 banger driving along a little erratically ...
Zoomed through the lights ( Plenty of time to stop for the red but ) , changed lanes without indicating and the whole time with a face full of mobile phone ..
So Im not sure if the driver saw the changing lights , certainly changed lanes without indicating or looking ..

So well done ass hole ! , looks like your multi tasking is up to scratch as you didn't kill anyone within a few hundred meters of me ...
I think the COP's have to get out of their cars , you see so much more walking ..

I hope your mom feels better soon!

I see outrageous things everyday since I work in the civic center area of San Francisco, California. anyway, where I work is very close to the Tenderloin district which is where the poorest and most desperate folks live. on my walk from my parking space, i'll probably see broken glass (from car windows) and syringes on every block and the activities that comes from.

but if we're talking traffic incidents...just last week, I saw a car on it's way to the intersection lay the horn on an old lady (probably around 85-years old) walking against a red light but is in the crosswalk. I understand that the old lady isn't in the right but G'Dammit, she's old and slow and deserves some F'n leeway. as I get closer to the car (who's now sitting at a red light), I notice that it's an unmarked police car with two younger officers that are probably in their early 30s. all of us that walked passed them just shook our heads and they couldn't do anything but look down at their laps in shame. at least I hope they felt some shame.

A little old lady was injured badly here yesterday trying to cross a road in out Capitol, judging from pictures i have see this was in a intersection so the lady was in a crosswalk.
And yes. i dont mind if little old slow ladies have to take the last 1/3 or 1/2 of the intersection under red light as those are often very short for pedestrians.

Pretty sure that biker ran a red light.

And a little Danish girl was killed by a DUI jumping the curb in the states, thank god you guys have vehicular manslaughter, here the same would probably just be a fine and a slap on the wrist. :oops:
https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/07/11/us/ap-us-dui-danish-girl-killed.html

abarth - Thanks .. ( My mother should be coming home this afternoon )

Yeah ... old folk can be slow - real slow .. Especially when walking , my mother moves at glacial speed so - yeah ! Just got to relax .
Driving can be stressful , oh yeah - stresses me out ..

I remember when I got my current car , I let my mother take it for a test drive to see if she could still drive ok ..
She was looking at everything but the road .. Whats that button ? - What does that do ? - That looks interesting !

I told her to look out the window and just drive the car - but no ! She just could not keep her attention on the road ... Just too interested in the new buttons ..
That scared the hell out of me ..
I told her that when the car was in the drive way and in PARK she could play with the buttons , but as soon as we got home , she did not want to know about the buttons .
Apparently she was interested in them while driving ! ( Yeah ) ..
That was the last time she drove a car , now she is chauffeur driven everywhere she needs to go ... ( Me or my brother )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Off Topic 3
kamkar Off Topic 12
Back