Thieye T5 Edge - protecting frame, please help.

bl4ze

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hello guys,
I own a Thieye T5 Edge - I would like to buy a protective frame for it to use it as a dashcam in the car.
Like this :

I was told the SJCAM 7000 is the same size, so I bought a frame for it, but unfortunately the ThiEye did not fit, the frame was smaller by 2mm approx.
ThiEye T5 Edge size according to manufacturer : 60 * 42 * 23mm (L x W x D)

Can you guys help if you can recommend any frame that would support this size above ? I really would like to buy a frame, I have a (window sucktion) holder already.

Rob115

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Why you need frame you can just use shoe mount on the camera.
Yeah video will be upside down, in VLC player there's option to reverse it quickly "Tools > Effects and Filters > Video Effects > Geometry > Transform > Rotate by 180 degrees"

Also this sucktion cup mounts suck they take too much room and they fall off, i'd recommend this mount that goes around mirror.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
B

bl4ze

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Why you need frame you can just use shoe mount on the camera.
Yeah video will be upside down, in VLC player there's option to reverse it quickly "Tools > Effects and Filters > Video Effects > Geometry > Transform > Rotate by 180 degrees"

Also this sucktion cup mounts suck they take too much room and they fall off, i'd recommend this mount that goes around mirror.
I am using a mount suck holder with a clip I just bought. Does the trick and footage is not upside down :)