ThiEYE T5e super grainy footage at 4k 30fps

Ed_Who

Reaction score
Country
United States
i just purchased a t5ethe other day and all the footage I've recorded is really grainy even on a proper 4k display.i have the latest firmware directly from thieye website. i have video quality set to super fine, sharpness set to strong, AWB set to auto, EV 0.0. i have tried messing with these settings and nothing seems to remove the grainy footage. at a stoplight directly behind another car, with good lighting in daylight, i can just barely make out a license plate, any further and its just blurry nonsense. I'm not sure if any of my settings need to be adjusted differently, but from the sample footage I've seen of these cameras i feel like i must be doing something wrong. any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is likely the result of the vibration/shake. How do you have the T5e mounted?

its suction cup mounted to the windshield. it still has the same issue with car not moving or running. i also see the reflection of the dash panel in the windshield making the ability to read plates much more difficult and that may have something to do with it, but im not sure because i cant get the camera to not see that

Is there a dashmat? I had a gray dashmat with fibers which greatly impacted my dashcam. You may also want to use 3M super strong tape to see if that helps at all. Also it is possible your lens is not focused correctly which may mean you need to refocus it yourself.

Is the stabilization turned on?

Get a CPL filter for your dashcam, it will completely eliminate reflections. You can DIY the filter with tape or magnets/etc. You can pick it up for under 10$ on Ebay.

I've found with any of my action cams "maximum"settings" for video quality, and sharpness can cause increased grain when there is not enough light for the SoC/sensor combo to handle. Have you tried "normal "settings?

Back