Thing should work but don't.

jmdlcar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Maxi, Mobius 2
Can I get some kind of list thing should work but don't?
A list they are working on?
A list of thing they are going to add?
And anything else?

I want to know so I know what to look for. And if I fine anything I can report it.

@TonyM might have some answers here ;) Unofficially all I can tell you that development has slowed with the Maxi, supposedly due to losing engineering personnel, and so far no timelines have been given for anything. The issues found so far are well covered in these forums, but overall the cam seems to be working OK as-is right now, only lacking refinements. If you're thinking of purchasing one you should read what's already been said of it here, as it may suit your needs or not, and only you can decide that.

Phil

I have one on it way to me the tracking shows it should be here March 8 2019. It sound like to me it might be another M2 where they stop working on it but I hope not.

I think the delay is temporary, but given how they handled the M2 fiasco (especially in being so obtuse and non-communicative) I no longer have the faith in them which I once did. I will give then a chance, but they'll have to prove themselves worthy of that before I can recommend anything but the M1 from them once again.

Phil

The Maxi might be my last camera if they do what they with the M2 and I will lose faith in them too. Why I did buy the Maxi is because of the WiFi and if it has a sharp picture and everything works I will be happy.

It will be nice that I only need the charge cable and everything else goes threw WiFi.

Development is ongoing. I've tested at least 4 different firmware versions this past month.

Some things that might be on the To Do List (in no particular order) :
  • Fix random lock-ups
  • Fix auto power off durations
  • Maintain WiFi whilst recording
  • Improve AWB and image quality
  • Add features missing from M1 configuration
    • Separate video modes
    • Time lapse video
    • Low bitrate video
    • Fine adjustment of exposure, contrast, saturation, sharpness, colour
  • External Mic?
  • External GPS?
  • New lens options?
I'm not saying all of these will happen!

Is any close to be working yet?

• Fix random lock-ups
  • Fix auto power off durations
  • Improve AWB and image quality
  • Add features missing from M1 configuration
    • Separate video modes
    • Time lapse video
    • Low bitrate video
    • Fine adjustment of exposure, contrast, saturation, sharpness, colour

This is what I most want to see first as it directly relates to the usability for everyone, not just dashcam users.

Phil

Back