Things I learned that I could not find anywhere else:

Skmoejoe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently installed a B1M camera on my bike and I had a few annoying issues that I was able to work through. I wasn't really able to find answers or directions to help me figure it out. Here's a few things I found that might be worth something to someone going through the install process.

• Unit powers up, does not beep and the Wi-Fi doesn’t work: LED 1 only light on
    • Most likely cause was the SD card was not formatted properly in FAT32. I was using a 128g card. To format a card of this size, there’s a specific way to do it and plenty of “How to” tutorials out there.
    • Formatted to FAT32 and Wi-Fi finally worked
  • Unit powers up, Wi-Fi LED1 illuminates, unit beeps continuously
    • Reformatted SD card in FAT32 again, (still beeped)
    • Found a camera cable pulled loose when I put parts back on the bike
  • Connect to Wi-Fi with phone and no picture, unit beeping
    • Found loose cable connector on camera.
    • When connecting the camera cables, I was cautious about using too much force. When the connections were finally tight, the connectors “snapped” into place.
  • My tips for successful install
    • Use the USB supplied cable with a 110-power cube to energize the unit before installation and test all the functions
    • Make sure the SD card is formatted in FAT32
    • Make sure the cable connections are secure
  • Other comments
    • No problems connecting to the DVR unit once the Wi-Fi was up, phone in airplane mode
    • There is a lot of cable—almost too much. I wish there were a way to shorten it.
    • I wired my ACC (yellow wire) into a taillight using a multimeter to find the wire with power when the ignition was on; red went to battery.
    • Initial video looks pretty good but not up to GoPro standards.

Leonauto

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
B1W, B2W, Viofo A119 PRO, A119 V3, MT1, B1M
The main thing for the user: when the B1M beeps, it means that video is not being recorded (i.e., for various reasons - when there is no memory card, or it is not formatted, or the camera is not connected)

estore009

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
B1W/B2W/Mini0906/DV688/B1M/DV988
Unit powers up, does not beep and the Wi-Fi doesn’t work: LED 1 only light on
This unit does not reboot after powering on if without plugging the front camera or the front camera connector loosen!
Unit powers up, Wi-Fi LED1 illuminates, unit beeps continuously
The unit keeps beeping continuously after powering on and its No. 5 Led light blinks, it indicates that the rear camera connector loosen!
There is a lot of cable—almost too much. I wish there were a way to shorten it.
Which cable do you want to shorten?
I wired my ACC (yellow wire) into a taillight using a multimeter to find the wire with power when the ignition was on; red went to battery.
Suggest tapping the red wire and yellow wire to the same ACC switch. It can avoid the battery drain problem if without usage for a long long time!
Initial video looks pretty good but not up to GoPro standards.
The newer firmware 20200901 should be much better video quality. You can give it a try!