Things I learned that I could not find anywhere else:

Skmoejoe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently installed a B1M camera on my bike and I had a few annoying issues that I was able to work through. I wasn't really able to find answers or directions to help me figure it out. Here's a few things I found that might be worth something to someone going through the install process.

• Unit powers up, does not beep and the Wi-Fi doesn’t work: LED 1 only light on
    • Most likely cause was the SD card was not formatted properly in FAT32. I was using a 128g card. To format a card of this size, there’s a specific way to do it and plenty of “How to” tutorials out there.
    • Formatted to FAT32 and Wi-Fi finally worked
  • Unit powers up, Wi-Fi LED1 illuminates, unit beeps continuously
    • Reformatted SD card in FAT32 again, (still beeped)
    • Found a camera cable pulled loose when I put parts back on the bike
  • Connect to Wi-Fi with phone and no picture, unit beeping
    • Found loose cable connector on camera.
    • When connecting the camera cables, I was cautious about using too much force. When the connections were finally tight, the connectors “snapped” into place.
  • My tips for successful install
    • Use the USB supplied cable with a 110-power cube to energize the unit before installation and test all the functions
    • Make sure the SD card is formatted in FAT32
    • Make sure the cable connections are secure
  • Other comments
    • No problems connecting to the DVR unit once the Wi-Fi was up, phone in airplane mode
    • There is a lot of cable—almost too much. I wish there were a way to shorten it.
    • I wired my ACC (yellow wire) into a taillight using a multimeter to find the wire with power when the ignition was on; red went to battery.
    • Initial video looks pretty good but not up to GoPro standards.

The main thing for the user: when the B1M beeps, it means that video is not being recorded (i.e., for various reasons - when there is no memory card, or it is not formatted, or the camera is not connected)

Unit powers up, does not beep and the Wi-Fi doesn’t work: LED 1 only light on
This unit does not reboot after powering on if without plugging the front camera or the front camera connector loosen!
Unit powers up, Wi-Fi LED1 illuminates, unit beeps continuously
The unit keeps beeping continuously after powering on and its No. 5 Led light blinks, it indicates that the rear camera connector loosen!
There is a lot of cable—almost too much. I wish there were a way to shorten it.
Which cable do you want to shorten?
I wired my ACC (yellow wire) into a taillight using a multimeter to find the wire with power when the ignition was on; red went to battery.
Suggest tapping the red wire and yellow wire to the same ACC switch. It can avoid the battery drain problem if without usage for a long long time!
Initial video looks pretty good but not up to GoPro standards.
The newer firmware 20200901 should be much better video quality. You can give it a try!

I would love to know how to shorten the cables, especially the camera and GPS cables. There is SOOOOOO much cable!!!! Hard to hide it and find a place to put it under the seat of my Harley Street Glide. Really, so much cable, is it really necessary for a motorcycle??

Do you refer to this 2 meters extension cable for the camera?

No. The regular camera cables and the GPS cables are long enough to go around my bike 3 times. Grossly too long.

Back