Thinking about buying a U1000

Forgot to add, cloud function works well bit clunky at first but while on parking mode i let my pocket 4g key in the car and receive immediately alerts and live view

@DeadEnd
CCR's and HOA;'s generally suck :mad: and it seems your HOA is one of the worse examples of why. A friend of mine had to take an unobtrusive but visible radio antenna down due to his HOA. His solution was to run for the position of President of the HOA, and when he won he put his antenna back up; nobody dared press the matter :ROFLMAO: By Federal law any HOA rule that goes unenforced for a year becomes null and void, so by him serving 2 years he ensured that his antenna could stay up forever :cool: Gotta admire subversive approaches that win (y)

Though it can be problematic you might be allowed to have a cam inside a window- most HOA rules do not cover the interior of a house beyond the placement of signs in the window. You might also be able to sneak a cam into an allowed object such as a birdhouse or other yard 'decoration'. You can also sue HOA's when their rules cause you direct harm or losses which wouldn't normally occur. Sometimes the mere threat of that coming from your attorney can get you special exemptions granted or get rules changed. But sometimes the HOA busybodies are set up to always win and in those cases are best left alone. I have worked in such places many times over :cautious: Always pick your fights carefully and don't challenge where you can't win :)

Phil
I would not have the patients to be the president of an HOA. I never really wanted to do anything on the outside of the home, except for a camera, a small unobtrusive camera but the HOA stated no security cameras. Really dumb, it's not like we have 24 security driving around but I think they also don't want it to seem like we NEED cameras due to high crime. It's rare that we have any criminal activity but like they say, there is always a chance.

I do have camera's facing out, primarily to see who is at the door or monitor road activity in front but still my upper driveway where my cars are situated is blocked by my roof.
Hehe yeah i would imagine construction in such a place could also be a problem.

Same here in general, a few years ago a guy made a garage 10 CM too tall, and he was ordered to tear it down, but at the same time a mega store was build illegally but it of course was not ordered torn down cuz the mega stores board is where politicians go to fester.
And even if there are no HOA where you house are, well often you cant just put any kind of new roof on it you like and so on, especially the glazed tiles can be a problem due to them reflecting sun.
But even putting up a hedge or a fence between you and the neighbor can be a problem in regard to laws, and not forgetting the relationship with the dude.

I am pretty sure Denmark are in the top 5 when it come to free democratic countries riddled by laws.
There would be no problem taking 2 laws down for each new one you make from now and the next 200 years at least.

Years ago we got a dog law, as there was problems with some owners of so called muscle dogs, so several breeds became illegal.
And really the dogs or their brreed are rarely a problem, and still just as many get bitten by dogs as often the biting dogs are little pocket dogs and not larger dogs.
And we also got a knife law, as some apparently was not aware the criminal code said you cant stab other people with knifes, so instead of strengthing that law, we got a new knife law pretty much making all other people carrying knives and not stabbing people criminals.

If i win the lottery and was able to move to or build a house, i would want there to be at least 1/4 mile to the neighbor, and preferably much more, and i would also like a long private road / driveway to my place.
I hear you, regardless of the laws they make, criminals don't follow them because they are criminals. I do want to move in the next year or so, bigger place with no association. I will say that my current neighbor is pretty good and the people are nice, kids are usually playing outside, people walking around without a care in the world etc. I guess maybe I am a little paranoid...
Forgot to add, cloud function works well bit clunky at first but while on parking mode i let my pocket 4g key in the car and receive immediately alerts and live view
I did want to use the cloud when my car is linked to my home Wi-Fi, found out my car hot spot shuts down when the car is off so that a no-go hopefully it will work.

Last edited:
Nut's, amazon charges tax, and on $900 it's a pretty good chuck of change. I might just have to break my purchase up and buy from BBMC, anything under 800 is tax free so they say. Why does BBMC say "North America's Largest Dash Cam Supplier" when they are in Canada? That threw me off.

I can't install a door bell camera, from my door I can't see my driveway. I was thinking about removing the garage door handle/lock and replacing it with a small camera but could not figure an inconspicuous way to do it. Oh wait, peep hole cameras, did not think of that, will check those out.

Just FYI.. BBMC apparently has warehouse in the USA as well (or the customer service person told me incorrectly).

Can you tell us how you have it setup? I.e. which external battery, how it is connected etc.?

I am wanting to do same setup as you..

I did not ask anyone just put up my camera :) it is a rental apartment i have.

You can go covert / get some really really small cameras, and if you have a PIR light in your driveway you dont really need IR light.
Or if you have a window put a camera there on the inside, though that would not work with IR light in the camera as it would just blind itself at night then.

When i first moves here i had my car vandalized.
First i got the side of my SUV keyed all along one side, 2 days before i was to sell it = even larger loss on sale price.
Then i got my current little car and within 2 months i had the passenger side window broken.
Then i moved my car to the back yard, and within a year or so i got a dent in the roof from someone throwing a D cell into the air and then it came down on my car.

And then a month or so ago ( my CCT having been down for a couple of years as camera on car died ) well my car was broken into and ransacked, but nothing stolen.

So now my system are back up and running, and all i can say is if someone do something, and i get my hands on the person, well he / she will have to answer for 4 counts of my property being vandalized.
You live in the CPH area then...? Eller?

If i win the lottery and was able to move to or build a house, i would want there to be at least 1/4 mile to the neighbor, and preferably much more, and i would also like a long private road / driveway to my place.
Move to Jutland then... :dead:

By the way - what's the largest storage card anyone has successfully used?

Last edited:
O no i am in Jutland, the west rule over here :) but the people are so dumb, actually in western and northern Jutland we are talking depopulation as people move to the big cities.

Not sure about the thinkware cameras, but other brands i do think people are testing 500GB and 1 TB memory cards, 500 GB for sure work fine ( i think ) in most SG cameras.

Hello,

Have used the U1000 for about a month. Parking Mode is reliable, WiFi is hit or miss. It will disconnect while browsing files on App.

The unit has not ran hot as of yet.

Thinkware will address warranty issues. Recently returned a rear facing camera and was sent a new one with cable. User issues may or may not be addressed.

No EMI issues with Keyless Entry and Push Button Start, SatNav and radio.

Have not tried Cloud feature since vehicle parked in driveway with 3 outdoor cameras watching it. It would be overkill.

I am hoping the U1000 will be just as reliable as my 4 year old Street Guardian.

The unit does very much interfere with my radio i recently found out .
i usually don't listen to the radio, so didn't pay much attention.
but am on holiday now and drove from the south of france to he netherlands and at no point did the radio work properly .
But when i switch the cameras off i have no problems.

That may well be down to the installation, if the Cables have been run close to DAB Antenna cables or DAB Amplifiers (Audi are classic for those as they often have an amplifier in the top of the boot lid)

If wires are kept away from those there shouldn't be any issues.

Thanks
Steve

Back