Thinking of buying a battery

Primus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone, not been on here for a bit , everything working ok with my camera, but am thinking of buying a battery to power the camera and getting rid of the pmp, because of issues with the car battery ( long story) the parking mode doesn’t stay on long as the cut off voltage is soon reached, the cellink neo looks exactly the same but have read that if it runs completely down, the camera doesn’t switch on because the battery is charging which, kinda defeats the object, anyone got this set up and how do you find it..?

I never really had this issue. even if the cellink neo6 is empty as soon as i connect a 20ah lifepo4 that is charged it starts running again.
if its empty and the car engine starts running it charges and the cameras go on. it is true it can take a bit of time for the cams to boot up.
and it likely wont charge when your car is only on ignition mode because the battery senses if the 9a on your 12v line is too much stress on your car bettery. the cellink neo6 is like a PMP in that sense.
you wont end up with a drained car battery when using a cellink neo6 or blackvue b124. if the camera dousnt switch on when the neo6 is charging the person in question may just have a loose connection in the cellink neo6 sigarete socket. i used some isolation tape to remedy this.

Thanks for your reply, I actually emailed blackvue technical about this and they also said the same, the camera still records if the battery is discharged, although they said the battery won’t completely discharge as there’s a cut off that prevents this, I think, for me, this is the way to go…..thanks again

Back