Thinking of buying a mini 0805

Danez

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like a grand dashcam. I had a panorama s2 before this one but it has unfortunately broken and I now need a new one.
The mini 0805 is cheaper and more discreet while having similar quality to my old panorama s2.

Could anyone recommend this dashcam before I buy it? Also Foxoffer1 on ebay, are they reputable?
(any UK buyers have decent delivery time)

Also what brand of SD card should I use? I know sometimes you need to get certain ones.

Cheers,
-Dan

Welcome to DCT. If you choose this camera, don't buy from Banggood or Gearbest or any other Chinese seller, as you'll have no consumer protection if it develops a fault within the Warranty period. Buy from a UK-domiciled seller, to whom you can return it for refund or replacement at little or no cost to yourself.

I'm using a Kingston 64GB Class 10 with mine.

If you like it's form factor, I suggest the BlackSys CF-100 as a higher quality product in preference to the 0805 ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00IRHQ9PI

Last edited:
Several months ago I bought a CF-100 to try, as they are well-regarded on here.
Although it's well made, has been completely trouble free, has bright images at night and a wide field of view, it is noticeably lacking in an ability to capture fine details.
Its ability to capture details and its field of view isn't as good as the Panorama II S (is that what you mean by previously owned a Panorama S2?).

The Mini 0805 seems to be the half-decent one out of an otherwise questionable series of cams. Specs look great, video performance is good and some are currently available at knockout prices, but I wouldn't rush to buy one, not even from a trusted UK-based seller.

Regarding memory cards: I like Transcend, Lexar and Samsung, but with so many fakes around they must be bought from only the most reputable sources - I wouldn't even trust the 'fulfilled by Amazon' sellers; only Amazon themselves.

I have just sent a mini 0805 back after an hour of trying to get a decent smooth picture out of it... not that impressed for the money £80 off accidentcameras.co.uk I did get charged a re stocking fee of £15 for the privilege...but that will teach me to check the T+Cs. Currently running a G50 that was purchased through amazon that has a brilliant picture quality from it's Novatek 9660 chipset, The internal battery has been an issue from about 6 months old and i have had to replace it so my advice would to make sure whatever cam you go for uses an internal capacitor rather than a battery. The A11-c is high on my list.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.
I'm torn now. I really liked my panorama it worked without hassle for a year until it played up. I would love something identical I might even get another panorama but surely it will cost less than it did when I bought it a year ago? Surely there has to be an upgraded version of it too?
But I like how the mini 0805 is smaller and cheaper.

first off welcome, you've come to the right place

I have a mini 0805 (also the mini 0806) I had to send the first two 0805 back due to focusing issues, lucky the first one was from Amazon UK and crucially it was fulfilled by Amazon, meaning it was Amazon I was buying from and not someone from China who was selling on Amazon, so when I was informed (from this site) that it was out of focus I phoned Amazon and without any issues they sent me a return bag to post the mini 0805 back to them, free postage.

best information I can give you is whatever you go for, (as you are in the UK) get it from someone who is based here in the UK so you have some sort of warranty, be very carful though as some Chinese sellers have a UK warehouse but if you have an issue then you find you have to post it to China where you might never hear of it again

I purchased my mini0806 from a UK seller JooVuu (he’s on here too) yes I paid a bit more than getting it from that well known auction site, (he unlike Chinese sellers pays UK tax and VAT) a mater of only a week after purchasing it I was driving down to Italy with it in my car (not had time to test it out first)

on my drive I noticed the micro usb connection on the mount was not making good connection/contact and the recording would drop often, when I got back to the UK I emailed him my issue I was having, and after sending him my order number a few days later I had a new mount in the post, try that with a Chinese seller and more often than not you’ll just end up with an expensive door stop

first off welcome, you've come to the right place

I have a mini 0805 (also the mini 0806) I had to send the first two 0805 back due to focusing issues, lucky the first one was from Amazon UK and crucially it was fulfilled by Amazon, meaning it was Amazon I was buying from and not someone from China who was selling on Amazon, so when I was informed (from this site) that it was out of focus I phoned Amazon and without any issues they sent me a return bag to post the mini 0805 back to them, free postage.

best information I can give you is whatever you go for, (as you are in the UK) get it from someone who is based here in the UK so you have some sort of warranty, be very carful though as some Chinese sellers have a UK warehouse but if you have an issue then you find you have to post it to China where you might never hear of it again

I purchased my mini0806 from a UK seller JooVuu (he’s on here too) yes I paid a bit more than getting it from that well known auction site, (he unlike Chinese sellers pays UK tax and VAT) a mater of only a week after purchasing it I was driving down to Italy with it in my car (not had time to test it out first)

on my drive I noticed the micro usb connection on the mount was not making good connection/contact and the recording would drop often, when I got back to the UK I emailed him my issue I was having, and after sending him my order number a few days later I had a new mount in the post, try that with a Chinese seller and more often than not you’ll just end up with an expensive door stop

Alright thanks for that info. I will most definitely be buying from a UK seller! I think I'll go for a mini off JooVuu :)
Does he have a web page or should I contact him on this website?
Cheers again

I think he dropped the 0806 due to the amount of returns, Combi still carries it though I believe

Back