Thinking of getting a blackvue

Primus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, am thinking of getting a blackvue cam , not sure which one to go for though, is the 4K one worth it over the 750.?
id probably get the power magic pro as well as I want it hard wired, I used to have a my witness cam which I was happy with, until it failed,( and are no longer made) so I bought a nextbase which is ok, but I like the slimmer, more discreet unit like the blackvue , and much prefer a cam with no screen, I know all cams have their issues so I need to know if these are reasonably reliable.

Here's sample footage from my 900S. I've had the unit installed for over a year. Still happy with the unit in this car.

Some installed pics.

Attachments

• Battery__.jpg
    Battery__.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_2720_.jpg
    DSC_2720_.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_2722_.jpg
    DSC_2722_.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_2728_.jpg
    DSC_2728_.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_2732__.jpg
    DSC_2732__.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_2735_.jpg
    DSC_2735_.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_2736__.jpg
    DSC_2736__.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_2738_.jpg
    DSC_2738_.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_2739__.jpg
    DSC_2739__.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_2740__.jpg
    DSC_2740__.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 22
Unless you are really hung up on this 4k hype for a 'witness cam' as others seem to be, get the 750. It has full HD at 60fps and has the Sony Starvis sensor which produces a much better low light picture.
Have you looked at the Viofo range, as they seem highly regarded and much cheaper?

Agree, my Viofo is superb.

That form factor though beats all those clunky/screen designs..

I’ve had the 900S for over a year and it’s great but if I was buying now I think I would go for the 750 as I really don’t think 4K is much better for image quality.

For power have a look at the Conecta plug that plugs into the ODBC port of the car provided your car supports it. It is much more convenient than hardwiring into the fuses. Just search Conecta Blackvue on Amazon.

Hi, am thinking of getting a blackvue cam , not sure which one to go for though, is the 4K one worth it over the 750.?
id probably get the power magic pro as well as I want it hard wired, I used to have a my witness cam which I was happy with, until it failed,( and are no longer made) so I bought a nextbase which is ok, but I like the slimmer, more discreet unit like the blackvue , and much prefer a cam with no screen, I know all cams have their issues so I need to know if these are reasonably reliable.

If you are considering the 4k Model, might as well look at the cloud enabled dashcams too by Blackvue.

I personally have the 750 S and it has suited me well for a few years. There are times I wish I had 4K resolution, but for the most part unless you are reading plates the 750s will work fine.

And give you better low light performance. ;)
But as Primus has not been back to this thread, it seems that he is not really interested in 'our' opinions anyway.:eek:

And give you better low light performance. ;)
But as Primus has not been back to this thread, it seems that he is not really interested in 'our' opinions anyway.:eek:
That's always annoying isn't it. Folk ask a question then leave with no follow up.

Sorry guys been a bit busy of late trying to ready my kitchen in preparation for a new one being fitted
firstly, thanks for all the replies,
tbh, it comes down to cost, me being me I would want the 4K, front and rear version but the mrs says that spending around £500 plus fitting is a bit much, she says to go for the cheaper, soon to be released nextbase 4K version of that camera so am still not sure, see, I’d like to be able to read number plates, does the 750 read them ok?
then I’m confused about the fitting, I obviously want it hardwired but I’ve seen there are various battery packs that you can get, more expense, don’t get me wrong, I can run to the budget, but I just have to argue my case to the mrs,

thanks again for the replies and apologies for not replying sooner, I will keep an eye on your posts

Both my 750s read number plates OK.
I don't think the 900 does 4k rear cam (I might be wrong)

Thanks, I quite fancy fitting it myself, it would just be the fuse connections I would struggle with

and my mrs has just pointed out what could be a deal breaker, the cost of the sd cards, I would imagine you would have to use the genuine blackvue ones which as you know are ridiculously expensive

No you don't!
I bet that most manufacturers say the same thing. I know Nextbase recommend 'their own' (more expensive) card.
And you will get as many different recommendations as you get answers if you ask.
The 'key' seems to be 'High Endurance' (HE).
I have used both SanDisk and Samsung 128 GB in mine without problems, but I am fully aware that someone is likely to come back and say that they are not guaranteed for dashcam use and that they have used them and they failed etc.etc..

So you reckon I’d be ok using a non blackvue card?,, that might make all the difference
I did suspect that the manufacturer would insist that their own card would have to be used for warranty purposes

ive just been on amazon and sandisk have a high end sd card especially for dash cams, what appeals to me about blackvue is the remote viewing does this work ok?

Last edited:
Both my 750s WiFi to my Samsung phone just fine. But I rarely do that. If I know there is something out of the normal on mine, I just pop the SD card out and stick it into my computer for large screen admiration of some other berk's misfortune (or whatever). I also have a 'spare' SD card in the car to swapo if anything spectacular happens that I don't want to lose.

I must admit I’m warming to the blackvue it’s just deciding the 900 or 750

900. Higher res front cam. (do you really need it?). Much higher price.
750. Better low light pic. Adequate res. Much lower price.

There's the differences summed up.

Yes I suppose 4K isn’t going to offer that much over 1080p , I must admit I like the discrete advantage the blackvue has over the nextbase, I got used to the screen as I always had it switched off, but thinking back to the mi witness cam I had, I chose that because it could hide away unobtrusively and not easily be seen, yes you could easily remove the nextbase but I never did as it was a pain, and pretty much negated the parking mode feature, they are bringing out a 4K version but at a price, not far off a blackvue so it looks like I might get the 750..

well, have just ordered the 900s 2 channel cam and power magic pro, going to fit it myself, just wondered what type of fuse tap ( piggyback) I need ie, micro2? , car is a 2020 ford Puma

Back