Thinkware (alternatives)

Fairynuff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware Q800 Pro
I have a Q800 Pro which I fitted to my car last year. I am looking to buy a cam for my wife's car (insurance company now offering discount for cars with cam). I am happy with the physical size of the Q800 cam and the quality of clips and the 24 hour parked movement but I have to admit I thought it came with more functions than that AND it has that irritating speech every time I put the key in the ignition. So I want a (cheaper) cam for here, the same small size, don't need parking clips (running the battery down) and don't want a speech every time she gets in - suggestions?

Anything not Korean in regard to not talking, though a few Chinese also do this, but with them it is still rare.

you could also put the Q800 in her car, and get something new / better for yourself, and she will probably see the talking dashcam as a trigger to start talking to her self. :giggle:

I guess that depends on how much zoom your image has, it is roughly the size of a GoPro, but a little taller, and not as wide, and hides out of sight behind the mirror very easily.

Now if you zoom in with your Gitup F1 action cam, and display the result on a 63" monitor then:
y4mj-ifTeup7Oc_rQGcy3EbBNSrDP8pUY775hNTqI9EiHnsxlbenXEzKSJLsAaYbJzzGAAKi6vFBQt0qHnGT48mbLndkmEQ9wNo9aawTcdVNL5jbfoGmbJrpNKwqY86Nlefg18ebXlCUiN47b1U6hl7ukehyn3L9MYfTYkSNKCmY2C3JJZAev51nVIGPkhXutA_

:cool:

Dont judge dashcams on picture size, look in SPECS for actual size on the whole thing, or at least LCD diagonal size to gauge its size that way.
Not many dashcams today are too large, if you set aside a few silly ones that do like 4" screens on a regular pocket camera shape dangling from the windscreen, and that are not stealthy at all.

HEHE even i got paranoid from that picture. :)
I want something like that on a printable sunshade for my rear window, something that make people overlook the tiny rear camera there

I want something like that on a printable sunshade for my rear window, something that make people overlook the tiny rear camera there
Even the blind drivers might back off if you tried that!

Note that displayed on my 27" computer monitor, my actual A129 will easily fit within the lens on that image!

Misperceived camera size are almost a weekly thing.

I don't even have a DSLR lens that big :)

Back