thinkware cloud probblem

Hyundai kona 2024

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
thinkware t700 lte
i have changed my email address on my thinkware f800pro . the email address has been changed my end but when i go onto thinkware support they tell me they they cant deleat the old email address there end thus rendering the cloud features usless on this unit wtich was the whole reason for spending a lot of money on a dash cam and celink b batterys,
i think the only way out of this probbelm is for thinkware to send out a replacement unit and start again.
do you think im withh in my rights to ask for a replacement t unit, ???

Are you able to sign into the old email you used with Thinkware and then deactivate your camera from that old account, so you can connect it to the new account?
Tried to look at the F800Pro manual but it was pretty vague on how Thinkware connects the cam to the cloud.

I know on BlackVue, I had to register/de-register my camera but if you can't get into the original account... that will all be moot.

I can still get cloud services through my iPhone but I was having problems with apple hotspot hence the reason I went over to android phone to solve the problems of automatically connecting to the personal hotspot.
The account has been deleted my end but thinkware can’t get my iCloud email off there
System hence why I’m having trouble logging into my cloud services.
Personally I think the only why to solve the problem is with a different f800 unit so it has a different serial number. Then just start all over again.
I have looked at the blackveiw cameras but people are saying they have problems with the
Cloud services due privacy problems ie other persons be able to see where there vehicle is.

I have looked at the blackveiw cameras but people are saying they have problems with the
Cloud services due privacy problems ie other persons be able to see where there vehicle is.

install the Blackvue app on your phone and you can see where the cameras are, don't need to own one to view that

i have now for the 6th time emailed thinkware support with the following email as ive now had enougth.

to thinkware support
as to previous emails we can asume that you still havent managed to delete the icloud email (craigpolley@icloud.com ) from your end and obviously there is now a conflict with the seiral
number on my thinkware f800 pro.
i feel the only why this can be resoved is to change the f800 so it has a differnt seiral number . and start all over again.
can you help with this please,
regards
craig

The BlackVue privacy thing about seeing cars is completely optional.
You can hide your car off the map - but yeah if a person is registered to BlackVue's cloud they can sign in and see anyone who is visible and has everything needing for cloud view.
There's one guy locally to me who has his public, just so happens to be parked in at my previous employer's parkade, pretty funny to me since I viewed it randomly.
Sorry, anyways... let us get this straight...

You initially signed in on an iPhone using your iCloud email; then linked your F800 Pro but were having some issues with connecting the F800 to your iPhone's hotspot, correct so far?
Now is where it gets a little fuzzy for me, you deleted your iCloud email off the Thinkware app? Like you signed out..? but when you tried to register your camera with a new email address on an Android phone it tells you the cameras serial number is already registered?

If I'm understanding correctly... Could you either sign into the iCloud email account on the Android device, thus having access to your registered camera.
Or sign into the iCloud account on the iPhone and unregister the camera, so you can re-register it with whatever email you're trying to use on the android device.

You can hide your car off the map - but yeah if a person is registered to BlackVue's cloud they can sign in and see anyone who is visible and has everything needing for cloud view.
There's one guy locally to me who has his public, just so happens to be parked in at my previous employer's parkade, pretty funny to me since I viewed it randomly.

You initially signed in on an iPhone using your iCloud email; then linked your F800 Pro but were having some issues with connecting the F800 to your iPhone's hotspot, correct so far?
Now is where it gets a little fuzzy for me, you deleted your iCloud email off the Thinkware app? Like you signed out..? but when you tried to register your camera with a new email address on an Android phone it tells you the cameras serial number is already registered?

If I'm understanding correctly... Could you either sign into the iCloud email account on the Android device, thus having access to your registered camera.
Or sign into the iCloud account on the iPhone and unregister the camera, so you can re-register it with whatever email you're trying to use on the android device.
Yes but my android phone won’t show adas on my android phone through the app

IM TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM APPLE PRODUCTS ie realy dont want to use icloud anymore.
there should be no reason why i just cant change my email address on thinkware products,

Okay, you don't want to use Apple products - that's fine.

I just went through the process of hooking an F800 Pro to a hotspot, registering an account with ThinkWare and connected the dash cam to that account.
Now that I understand the process better, I believe the following will fix your mistake.
Sign in to the thinkware app with your iCloud account that you registered with Thinkware.
If your F800Pro isn't already connected to your hotspot, connect it now.

Great, now you should be on the main page of the ThinkWare app, click the "..." in the bottom right corner of the app. (I am using an iPhone, but I doubt the Android app would be much different)
Now you're in settings and you should see "craigpolley@icloud.com" because that's the one you signed into, right? Right.
Underneath your email, you should see "Account Settings" - click that.
Now click "Manage Registered Device"
Click "F800 Pro" - You should now see a screen that allows you to edit the device name, and at the bottom, in a nice big blue button it will say "Delete the Device"
Click and confirm the deletion.
Go back to account settings, click delete account (optional) to get rid of your icloud+thinkware partnership for good.

Now that you've hopefully been able to do that successfully, sign into your newer Thinkware account you created.
Reconnect your dashcam to your hotspot while signed into the new account and it should allow you to register the camera with that account.

Good luck, hoping for your success. (y)

Okay, you don't want to use Apple products - that's fine.

I just went through the process of hooking an F800 Pro to a hotspot, registering an account with ThinkWare and connected the dash cam to that account.
Now that I understand the process better, I believe the following will fix your mistake.
Sign in to the thinkware app with your iCloud account that you registered with Thinkware.
If your F800Pro isn't already connected to your hotspot, connect it now.

Great, now you should be on the main page of the ThinkWare app, click the "..." in the bottom right corner of the app. (I am using an iPhone, but I doubt the Android app would be much different)
Now you're in settings and you should see "craigpolley@icloud.com" because that's the one you signed into, right? Right.
Underneath your email, you should see "Account Settings" - click that.
Now click "Manage Registered Device"
Click "F800 Pro" - You should now see a screen that allows you to edit the device name, and at the bottom, in a nice big blue button it will say "Delete the Device"
Click and confirm the deletion.
Go back to account settings, click delete account (optional) to get rid of your icloud+thinkware partnership for good.

Now that you've hopefully been able to do that successfully, sign into your newer Thinkware account you created.
Reconnect your dashcam to your hotspot while signed into the new account and it should allow you to register the camera with that account.

Good luck, hoping for your success. (y)
yes ive done all that above.
the probblem is thinkware support have looked into it and they cant delete my icloud address there en witch is where the conflict is comming from so until they find away of deleting my icloud email address there end i cant do anything. i.e add my new email address to that f800 unit because its already registerd to a icloud address. (realy had enoungh now) i might just go and buy a blackvue dr900s and start again,

i have just had this response from thinkware support
have chased up with my head office to see if where they are on removing the device from the email account. I am afraid there is no way to change the serial number on the unit. Kind Regards Michael

NOT GOOD

Why would he think you wanted to change the serial number of the camera, dumb logic if he thinks that is the answer

Why would he think you wanted to change the serial number of the camera, dumb logic if he thinks that is the answer
i dont no but they are driving me mad there must be away of just removing the email address at there end,

i dont no but they are driving me mad there must be away of just removing the email address at there end,

the challenge isn't about what they need to do, the challenge is getting them to understand the problem, can be very frustrating sometimes

the challenge isn't about what they need to do, the challenge is getting them to understand the problem, can be very frustrating sometimes
personally i think the easest way round this is to replace the main unit then i can start all over again from scratch .

Back