Thinkware Dash Cam Link app and F800

gamesfrager

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The Thinkware Dash Cam Link app and F800 doesn't show me the camera settings.
This is the only app that can connect to my Thinkware F800.

I connect to the dash camera's WiFi and then trying to access the camera's settings, I just get a blank/black screen.
Preview works, I can also access the recorded files but not the settings section.
The camera has the latest firmware. I tried resetting the camera's setting through the app, and not sure if that worked or not.
@Thinkware I need a fix because now my dash camera doesn't record in parking mode and I believe resetting the camera settings did something for the parking mode options.
But of course, I can't see a thing!!!

Hello, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app? and before using it please restart your phone first

Yes, I have tried that. I cleared cache and data, then uninstalled it. Restarted the phone, installed the app again.
I was able to connect to the camera but the settings area/page still blank.
I have an older phone I might try it on or I'll look for an older version of the app.
This is really frustrating, and now I don't have parking recording because most likely the settings got reset when I tapped the reset setting button through the app hoping it would make a difference.

Yes, I have tried that. I cleared cache and data, then uninstalled it. Restarted the phone, installed the app again.
I was able to connect to the camera but the settings area/page still blank.
I have an older phone I might try it on or I'll look for an older version of the app.
This is really frustrating, and now I don't have parking recording because most likely the settings got reset when I tapped the reset setting button through the app hoping it would make a difference.
You can change settings through thinkware desktop software. Have you tried that?

Please take note as well that the Thinkware Mobile applications are designed to be used only for mobile phones. Any iPad or tablet might get some issues when trying to access settings, live view, etc. https://mondosystemhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047442034-Connecting-to-a-iPad-Tablet
I don't have any Apple products. This is on my Android 12. One of the many Thinkware apps that was installed was working before but one day it said this app doesn't support F800 model anymopre and to download a different app, and that worked as well. Until it was updated later and now settings don't work.

I believe I'll have to find an older version and fix the issue that way.
You can change settings through thinkware desktop software. Have you tried that?
Oh, I didn't know that, I'll research how to do it. Thanks for the tip.

I don't have any Apple products. This is on my Android 12. One of the many Thinkware apps that was installed was working before but one day it said this app doesn't support F800 model anymopre and to download a different app, and that worked as well. Until it was updated later and now settings don't work.

I believe I'll have to find an older version and fix the issue that way.

Oh, I didn't know that, I'll research how to do it. Thanks for the tip.
Are you using Thinkware dash cam link app?

Think
Are you using Thinkware dash cam link app?
I ended up downloading version 4.3 of the Thinkware Cloud app, and I was able to see the setting and indeed, parking recording was disabled!
Many people don't have the technical skills to look for old APK versions and install them.
Why so many apps for one brand of camera?!

Back