Thinkware Dashcam Viewer Problem

Oilburner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Trancend Drive Pro 220 & Thinkware F770 Dual
I have just installed the F770 but noticed when playing back via Thinkware dashcam viewer, there is no map displayed up in the top right corner, now I know the gps must be working perfectly because it locates speed cameras perfectly.

The other thing I have noticed when playing all the clips back via the viewer, it does not playback seamlesly between each clip, there is always a pause and a slight jump between clips, now this may be how Thinkware viewer works, but I having used previously for playing my Trancend 220 clips back Drive Pro Toolbox which was supplied with the camera, and Registrator Viewer which was downloaded, both viewers play back clips from the 220 seamlesly without interuption, unfortunetly these programs dont like playing Thinkware F770 clips back.

Are you sure you chose to display map? (cos you can toggle between rear view cam & map).
If have the jump as well on my work pc, but not at home..

Yes I did toggle for map display but I just get google map with blank background very strange its like its not getting any data gps data from the memory card !

Yes I can see speed displayed in bottom left corner, but in the top right corner there is no map display its just a green background with the words google

Attachments

• Google -Map copy.jpg
    Google -Map copy.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
try turning your AV off completely while you test and see if you get the same result, the software needs to pull the map data in while running, not familiar with your AV software but a lot of AV programs will treat that as a separate and suspicious process and block it

I strongly suspect this is an AntiVirus / Firewall issue too. I've never come across it before. Do you have access to another PC to try it on please?

Update regarding dashcam viewer problem, I have now tried on three different windows 7 pc's with antivirus disabled all display the same problem no map , now these three pc's have different anti virus programs installed and each of them were disabled.

I also tried on a Windows 10 Sony Vaio laptop and the dashcam viewer map works perfectly and thats with Bitdefender Total Security turned on and running, for some reason I cant explain the viewer wont display map location on any of my windows 7 pc's, but works perfectly on a Windows 10 laptop with the same anti virus software as one of the PC's, has anyone got a further test that I may try to discover to route off the problem using windows 7 and using the viewer.

And thanks everyone for your advice to date.

egonvdv - Thanks for mention this software I have already tried Registrator Viewer as I had it already installed for my Trancend 220 but for some reason it does not like playing back F770 files it justs keeps crashing, but I did try Dashcam Viewer and whilst it seems a bit querky to get your head around it does display a map location correctly, so it proves the GPS data is being read and translated to the map.

What I cant understand is am I the only one with this problem using the Thinkware Viewer running on Windows 7, because as already stated it runs perfectly on my wifes Windows 10 laptop.

strange. registrator viewer works fine with my f770... (windows 10)

I'm not a computer expert, but it might be a problem related to the video card....?

maybe you can send someone here, who has a windows 7 pc, a test file...?

maybe you can send someone here, who has a windows 7 pc, a test file...?

I would like to see a small sample and I have a 4 year old laptop with 32bit Win 7 Ultimate that plays and edits HD easily

I would like to see a small sample and I have a 4 year old laptop with 32bit Win 7 Ultimate that plays and edits HD easily

Thank you for offering to test these clips out to see if you get the same results as me, hopefully any one else that runs Windows 7 32bit or 64 bit could also download the video sample, and post their results here thank you.

I've uploaded two separate clips one front view camera and the other rear view and these can be downloaded from this link for 48hrs.

https://expirebox.com/download/4f484741f89b542e32c47f67623c74d8.html (Front camera View)

https://expirebox.com/download/601cdcacb59328e3ae080e4657b38761.html (Rear Camera View)

Just tried one of your files and the map loads fine for me (Win7 64bit). It also loads fine in Registration Viewer.

The reason the maps is blue is because the coordinates is set to 0,0. It doesn't look like its pulling the data from the video file.

The GPS and G sensor data is embedded in the video file as text captions/subtitles.

Maybe try installing the K-lite codec pack

Last edited:
i tested too, though on my windows 10 (64), and all runs smooth like a baby's bum..

IMO either videocard can't handle it, or as flip9 says; install codec...

Just tried one of your files and the map loads fine for me (Win7 64bit). It also loads fine in Registration Viewer.

The reason the maps is blue is because the coordinates is set to 0,0. It doesn't look like its pulling the data from the video file.

The GPS and G sensor data is embedded in the video file as text captions/subtitles.

Maybe try installing the K-lite codec pack

Thanks for trying the clips provided.

K-lite codec is all ready installed, and I can see data being loaded along the bottom of thinkware viewer, and I've ruled out as someone suggested the video card may be the problem, the video card I have installed is a high end Nvidia Quandro 4000, which is used for video editing which supports video overlay, I just dont understand whats causing the problem, as aready mention I have tried 3 seperate PC's running Windows 7 all 64bit and I get the same results, I've even tried a later unreleased yet version of thinkware viewer that version was different the map screen went totally white with no google wording at the bottom, which suggest to me this version made things worse.

I have uninstalled thinkware viewer several times and downloaded it again then re-installed still with same results, and the gps data must be present in the clip provided otherwise it would not work on windows 10 or your windows 7 64bit, strangely you have succesfully run Registrator Viewer with no problems, now this is a program I'm familar with as I occassionaly use it for my Trancend 220 dash cam and it works perfectly with Trancend, but program I have found it unstable running Thinkware clips through it and the software just crashes, my Trancend clips run perfectly with their own Trancend Viewer or Regisrator viewer, so this has got me totally baffled as to why I am the only one getting this problem and not other Window 7 users, its just frustrating not knowing where at the moment the problem lies.

As others have commented regarding Windows 10, the same clips works perfectly on my wife's laptop which is running windows 10, if I cant find a answer to the problem I'm experiencing, I will just have to resort to using my wife's laptop, which is a shame as my pc has a high def large monitor, but thanks anyway for everyones help and suggestions unless anyone can think of something else for me to try.

To use Registration Viewer with F770 files you need to:
- Untick Playback > Splitters > Use internal MOV/MP4 splitter. Tick Use Preinstalled.
- Set both Decoders > Never.
- Set Renderer > EVR
- Apply Google maps fix (see link in my signature)

It is not 100% compatible with F770 files, the audio will be garbled if you export clip fragments and the playback between files wont be as seamless because it will be relying on the K-Lite splitter.

Last edited:
Back