Thinkware downloads not working.

jamesjay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wishing everyone a better and healthy 2021.

I have been trying to download the firmware for my F770 and corresponding speed camera firmware, I am using 1.00.08 but according to the Thinkware USA site there is a version 1.00.09 and also a Speed Cam version dated 6-1-2021 both for the UK but they won't download...and I have tried with 2 laptops.

I have been getting the dreaded continuous restarting system warning so before changing the internal battery thought I would do a full factory reset, unfortunately because of a change of PC I don't have the old firmware to reinstall and can't find another link and what is wrong with the Thinkware website anyway?

Any help would be appreciated.
James.

Just go to Thinkware.com - Support - Downloads - Choose Cam Series & Model (THEN SCROLL DOWN THE SCREEN (a lot of people don't realise you have to scroll down!)

Your easiest way is to install the Thinkware PC Viewer to the PC and then insert the Memory Card into the PC and THEN OPEN the viewer. It will check for updates and download & unzip them automatically to the memory card for you. I've put Cloud Link below for the Latest PC Viewer:

Thanks for your reply Maddog, I did scroll down the page I have downloaded speed cam updates using the same method in the past and it has worked, just tried again as can be seen on the attached screenshot...it will let me download the user manual but nothing else.

Kind regards
James.

Attachments

• 2021-01-12.png
    2021-01-12.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 4
Sorry i can't explain that as it's working fine this end! Have you installed the PC Viewer from my link?

Yes thank you, PC viewer did an auto update to my SD card with the latest firmware but I haven't installed it in my F700 yet, I have 64GB SD card that seems to be working OK but I have only done short runs in the car so I am in wait and see mode to see if the continuous restarting system warning comes back on.

I was able to load the latest speed cam file onto my android phone and then send it to my laptop so will try updating the next time I use the car.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. It appears Chrome has a problem downloading from the Website, Edge, Internet Explorer & Firefox etc seem fine. Thinkware are aware and it should be fixed by Saturday.

Just go to Thinkware.com - Support - Downloads - Choose Cam Series & Model (THEN SCROLL DOWN THE SCREEN (a lot of people don't realise you have to scroll down!)

Your easiest way is to install the Thinkware PC Viewer to the PC and then insert the Memory Card into the PC and THEN OPEN the viewer. It will check for updates and download & unzip them automatically to the memory card for you. I've put Cloud Link below for the Latest PC Viewer:
Hi Steve,

Do know if the MAC version of PC Viewer applies updates automatically?

P.S. It appears Chrome has a problem downloading from the Website, Edge, Internet Explorer & Firefox etc seem fine. Thinkware are aware and it should be fixed by Saturday.
Hi Steve, Just a quick update the new firmware loaded OK checked it on live view and it is now version 1.00.09. I have just tried with Edge and can confirm that downloads are working, I should have realised it was Chrome or at least tried with Edge!!

Just hope the continuous restarting system warning doesn't start after driving for about 20 minutes...fingers crossed.

Thanks again for your help

James.

Back