152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 2CH 622GW/Nextbase 422GW/Thinkware F200 2 CH Pro
Why is there not a Thread Section for the
F100 2CH(1080p FHD Front & 720p HD Rear) / 30fps / Format Free2.0
all the other Thinkware models have one. Is it because nobody has posted anything or am I missing something ?
Cheers.

Sorry, whilst I'm on the Forum getting loads of hints and tips.

I have the F100 2 channel in my car, if I wanted to change it for the newer F200 2 channel, will my existing wiring be compatible as a straight swap ?

The reason I ask is because I fancy the WiFi and cloud capability, not sure if the F200 has much more of a better spec than the F100 ?

Yes the GPS & Power & Front to rear cable are the same. Be aware the F200 doesn't have cloud!
It has WiFi but that's just a direct connection to your phone to change settings, download video etc In reality there doesn't seem much difference in video quality compared to the F100

Thanks for the feedback to my questions. The Cloud is not a deal breaker, although it does state on the Thinkware website it does. The bonus is the options to change settings and download clips using my phone, however the reviews I have found are totally shocking for the WiFi to phone connection and the app also !!!

The reviews you are seeing could well be because people are using the wrong App as to be honest it is a little confusing as it hasn't got Cloud but you have to use the Cloud App to connect to it not the standard Dashcam viewer App!

You can download clips direct to the handset but please be aware you can't Stream them first to make sure it's the right clip your downloading like you can on the F770, F800 Pro.

Wow, really !!! You cannot see what clip you are downloading to your phone....what use is that to anyone !!! So taking the SD card out and putting it into the laptop is best !!
So the more I've learned today of the F200 against my current F100 is telling me that there is no real reason to change.

Begs the question why Thinkware brought out the F200 when the F100 is more or less the same, especially when (if) there is no real difference in quality.

Unless I hear some better positives in regards to the F200 over my F100, I'll just stick with what I have !!

Thanks for your time, much appreciated.

Hi There,

The difference between the F100 and F200 is that the F200 has the capacity to hold 128GB whereas the F100 can only hold 64GB. The F200 also has WiFi and Energy Saving Mode (Parking Surveillance) which reduces power consumption by 1/3 less and provides 3x longer recording than normal parking mode.

Kind Regards, Thinkware Customer Support

Can I just simply replace my existing F100 with the F200, will it fit the F100 windscreen bracket and work ok with the rear screen camera, as my current set up is F100 2 Channel.

Really only considering this for the WiFi option.

Can I just simply replace my existing F100 with the F200, will it fit the F100 windscreen bracket and work ok with the rear screen camera, as my current set up is F100 2 Channel.

Really only considering this for the WiFi option.

Yes (y)

Power the same, Rear cam the same & mount is the same.....

Yes (y)

Power the same, Rear cam the same & mount is the same.....
Cheers, I'll keep my eye open for any deals, as I just want the front camera, I can wait, as it's really a uneccesary change just for the WiFi option ,

Back