Thinkware (F750-2CH) vs Blakvue (DR650GW-2CH)

Adam020

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello members,
I like to have your opinion about 2 dashcams.
I want to buy one of the following dual dashcams:
Thinkware F750-2CH
Or
Blakvue DR650GW-2CH
I like to have an as discreet as possible dashcam and also to have the best cam in the market.
I did a lot of research on the internet and I eventually want to choose between those 2 dashcams.
If I look at the spec’s my first thought is to choose the Thinkware F750-2CH.
But there are not so much reviews about this camera, so that’s why I like to have your opinion about those 2 camera’s.
Also I have heard that Blakvue is cooperating between the car brand: Tesla (I like this if it is true and I t is also a good sign).
And I like the very discreet camera: DR650GW-2CH of them (it is more discreet then the Thinkware F750-2CH).
Which one do you guys prefer? And why?
Thanks a lot for your comments in advance!

What makes either of the two cameras on your shortlist preferable to a pair of Panorama X1 cameras?

Thanks guys for the quick reply!

The Panorama X1 is not as discreet as the camera's I mentioned.

I like to now what you would choose between the:

Thinkware F750-2CH
Or
Blakvue DR650GW-2CH.

If I had to choose between the two I'd choose Thinkware...

It's specification is impressive, though I'd need to see it properly reviewed before parting with the cash. The Dual Save file saving feature is particularly interesting.

I think the F750 front camera is larger & less discreet than the Panorama X1 camera. The X1 display unit is easily hidden in the glovebox, etc.

image.jpg

The X1 camera is the smallest in the above image.

Last edited:
as a former Blackvue DR500GW owner, I had a bad experience with it first hand, out of the box image capture was very bad for a DVR of that price point, if it had cost only $40 or $50 then I couldn’t complain and would of put up with it, but it didn’t it cost iirc around £300 (I bought it when it first came out)

,then after some time, it would miss recording, I’d be driving through France for a few hours then pull up at a hotel, take the card out and fine it had not recorded anything for an hour or two

at times there was no knowledge of it not recording and at other times it would keep telling me to do something with the SD card, initialising the card or take out the card, truthful I can’t remember all the errors it would come out with, too unreliable, ended up giving it to my daughter for free, and soon after she gave it back as the DR500 kept announcing it was initialising the card and do nothing more, its n the shed doing nothing, looks very impressive but thats about it

after sales service from the manufacturer (Pittasoft) were non existent, my biggest gripe is they didn’t respond to ANY of my emails regarding the issues my DR500GW had, and once I got to hear of DCT I found out I was not alone with these issues, my advice is buy local to you or in the EU, so you have some sort of customer service, I got mine from S. korea no comeback

they may have improved their quality inspection since I bought one, but for me personally, they would have to be very cheap for me to risk my money with them again, but they are anything but cheap

these are my experiences of the DR500GW and the company that make them, YMMV

P.S. I see Blackvue have now brought out an action camera, my first thought on seeing the add were, you’re power gliding down mount everest, you get to the bottom and find the Blackvue action camera hadn’t recorded anything :)

Wow that is bad mollydog about your experience with Blackvue. In the Netherlands there is a customer service and they response very quick (but that is because I haven't bought any thing and I don't have any complaints). LOL

I like to hear more opinions :)

Here's a video review of the F750...

It really is feature-packed, including full HD front & rear, car battery protection circuitry, buffered parking mode, thermal protection, speed camera alerts, Wi-Fi, GPS, video clips saved to internal memory, etc, etc.

On the downside, it's a fairly chunky monkey, measuring 105.2mm x 61.5mm x 41mm. A little too large to qualify as "discreet"?

image.jpg image.jpg

Hi russ331, thanks for the information/reply

Yes thats why i also like the Blackvue but i heard a lot of complainings about this brand.

Also does someone have the original Panorama X1 or Street Guardian website ??? I couldnt find it. And i
Think it isnt for the eu market?

Last edited:
Also does someone have the original Panorama X1 or Street Guardian website ??? I couldnt find it. And i
Think it isnt for the eu market?

As you're in the Netherlands, your sole supplier of Panorama or Street Guardian products would be @niko & his website is http://hiniko.com

Thanks for the info, i will check.
But i think i will go for the Thinkware.

Because they sold the Guardian only with one camera. And i couldnt find another one. Is it possible to add more camera's on the basic set?

As per form-factor, I really like F750.
It is same as F550 review I did last year. You can see a lot of photos from my review:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...os-720p-bch-300-gps-logger-24-7-parking.8709/

Thinkware is very well built and reputable brand. Their F750 for sure is attractive model with 2x 1080P and WiFi and fairly discrete design.

If you buy one and have time to write your review here on DCT, - we will appreciate this !

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Adam020

I must point out I did get mine from Ebay, coming from S. Korea and reason why little customer service, the seller did offer to take a look at it (can’t remember now what the postage to send it was but it wasn’t cheap) as I had ended up paying around £30/£40 at customs when I first got it, there would of still been just as much a chance I would be asked to pay it again once it was returned, so I didn’t send it to the eBay seller to look at, Pittasoft the manufacturer couldn’t be bothered to acknowledge I even emailed them.

This is the reason (in hindsight), I recommend getting any high end DVR (not just Blackvue) locally for customer service, I do take my chances with low cost items where I have little to loose

if it wasn’t for a member on this DCT “Mio” who did a few firmware up grades (free) and raised the bit rate from the factory set 7000 to as much as 15000, that provided an excellent image capture, just like the promo images Pittasoft said the DVR would produce but never could straight out the box (maybe due to the low 7000 bitrate)

maybe due to the bit rate lifted to 15000, the DVR became very un reliable,

maybe a chicken and egg situation, low bite rate with very pixelated image of a low quality, but a reliable DVR, or high bit rate for very good image quality but unreliable and a shorter life, but these issues cold of been sorted by Pittasoft as they promised high quality image capture but the end product never could out of the box

Just grateful there are lots of friendly people on here only to pleased to help out on any

Yes if I buy the Thinkware F750 I will make an review of this product ;-)

F750 both front and rear use same Sony sensor?

Back