Thinkware F750: live view mode while recording

Xander24294

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi all,

Yesterday I finally received my new dashcam, a Thinkware F750.
I'm very pleased with this new dashcam but I have a question:

When I connect my dashcam to the dashcam app via wifi, the dashcam stops recording during using the app. The recording continues again after I close the app on android. My question is if it's possible to use "live view" while recording at the same time? How do you do that because I can't see new videos in the folders when using live view or I must do something wrong.

The dashcam works perfect when not connected via wifi. Is this normal? It would be nice if you see live video while recording.

Xander

Someone on this forum wrote that only blackvue dashcam will keep recording in live view modus. The Thinkware F750 doesn't record in live view modus. Anyway, for the rest this dashcam works great. It's easy to use and the videos looks sharp and good quality, even at night.

There is a you tube clip which is about 25 mins long tells you all about it .And this is how it works .when i watched the clip the way i under stood it it is a safety feature so your not looking at the screen whilst driving .

Hello

Thank you for your support. I also believe the live view isn't possible while recording. You're right about that. It's not that I miss it. It's just a question about something I wonder
. I also think that the screen would disturb while driving.

Not only does recording stop when the mobile app is connected for live view, however there is a timeout on the wifi which cuts it after a period of inactivity.

I have the BlackVue 2 Channel DR650GW-2CH. It does do live view over WiFi (or any other feature also) while recording 1080p @ 30fps front, 720p @ 30fps rear (max resolution). The new firmware is pretty good, but I'll probably replace the unit with a Thinkware F750 (as suggested by forum members here--THANK YOU!!) for better night recording and 1080p rear resolution--720p just isn't that great at capturing license plate numbers with a moving vehicle.

Back