Thinkware F750 micro usb cable

Logicearl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a left hand 90 degree micro usb connector? I have one from ebay, but its only 25cm long, not long enough. I need it to be 30cm for it to fit properly.

I have in stock this one:

50cm%20Left%20angle%20(1)%20A-700x700_0.jpg

Comparison:

50cm%20Left%20angle%20(4)-700x700_0.JPG

Can these be used both at the front cam and rear cam to clean things up without connection issues?

I had one UK customer who bought 3 different adapter cables from me for his F750. 2 of them worked on front only and one at the front and rear, but I can not remember which exact ones. I have to find from e-mail history.
You can buy all 3 microusb adapters and check which ones work for you, rest you can send back for refund.

other two adapters.

25cm%20Left%20angle%20(1)%20A-700x700_0.jpg

25cm%20Down%20direction%20(1)%20A-700x700_0.jpg

25cm%20Down%20direction%20(4)-700x700_0.JPG

Thanks for the info. I just need one for the front cam. Does the one you pictured above actually work with the front cam? If so I'll have one. It does say though in the description that its 25cm and not 50cm.

Last edited:
I can tell you that for me the down direction didn't work with sgzc12rc as the cable was hitting windshield in my Mazda so for me left angle one worked much better but since you got great offer to keep just what works for you and return the rest I would personally take that offer by niko

Thanks for the info. I just need one for the front cam. Does the one you pictured above actually work with the front cam? If so I'll have one. It does say though in the description that its 25cm and not 50cm.

50cm adapter is HERE

I can tell you that for me the down direction didn't work with sgzc12rc as the cable was hitting windshield in my Mazda
I have a 2014 Mazda 6, so looks like its not going to work. What would be ideal, would be to have one of these, but 30cm long rather than 25cm long. I have already one of these at 25cm but just isn't quite long enough, 30cm would be ideal. I don't rearly understand why the manufactures don't have them as an option, for situations like this.

Here is a pic of what I have at the moment.

I have a 2014 Mazda 6, so looks like its not going to work. What would be ideal, would be to have one of these, but 30cm long rather than 25cm long. I have already one of these at 25cm but just isn't quite long enough, 30cm would be ideal. I don't rearly understand why the manufactures don't have them as an option, for situations like this.

Here is a pic of what I have at the moment.

Not sure why manufacturer did not think about aesthetic look of final installation. L-shape would look much better.
The only option is to try 50cm adapter I have.

I'm the customer Niko is referring to. IF he is still getting his L50LEFT and L25LEFT cables from the same supplier (and they are making them in the same way) then ONLY the L50LEFT cable will work because it is 5-wire, whereas the shorter one is only 4-wire. In my tests the front camera needs the 5 wires connected to the Thinkware long cable in order to recognise the rear camera. It seems that it is not necessary to have all 5 connected at the rear camera which suggests that there is simply a sensing circuit in the front camera which is still satisfied if it is open circuit but only if the wire is long enough. I asked Thinkware UK tech support about this but they couldn't help, just telling me that it is designed to use their cable and only their cable.

I would have used the L50LEFT at the front but my camera is mounted behind the rear view mirror so the part of it is visible, moreso than the OP's. I found that the right angle connector was simply too large for my liking. Instead I got parts to make my own cable and the connector is much smaller.

I'm the customer Niko is referring to. IF he is still getting his L50LEFT and L25LEFT cables from the same supplier (and they are making them in the same way) then ONLY the L50LEFT cable will work because it is 5-wire, whereas the shorter one is only 4-wire. In my tests the front camera needs the 5 wires connected to the Thinkware long cable in order to recognise the rear camera. It seems that it is not necessary to have all 5 connected at the rear camera which suggests that there is simply a sensing circuit in the front camera which is still satisfied if it is open circuit but only if the wire is long enough. I asked Thinkware UK tech support about this but they couldn't help, just telling me that it is designed to use their cable and only their cable.

I would have used the L50LEFT at the front but my camera is mounted behind the rear view mirror so the part of it is visible, moreso than the OP's. I found that the right angle connector was simply too large for my liking. Instead I got parts to make my own cable and the connector is much smaller.

I was trying to search our conversations from e-mails history, but thank you for replaying to this thread, now I can clear up some details and make a notes for future references.
Just to clarify: L50LEFT will work as a front and rear extension and L25LEFT can work only from rear camera extension side, right ?

I was trying to search our conversations from e-mails history, but thank you for replaying to this thread, now I can clear up some details and make a notes for future references.
Just to clarify: L50LEFT will work as a front and rear extension and L25LEFT can work only from rear camera extension side, right ?
Do you ship to the US?

Do you ship to the US?
Usually not, but above mentioned adapters I can dispatch to US at the moment as a temporary exception. Price on the web incl. free shipping.

Correct. Of course there's no guarantee that L25LEFT will still work at the front on every F750 installation since there may be variability between units.

However in addition, although it may only affect cars like mine (Audi A5 sportback), the addition of an extender obviously increases EMI from the overall cable and this affected DAB reception. So although I would very much like to have fitted the L50LEFT at the rear camera end, I chose not to because it resulted in loss of DAB reception in weak signal areas.

Good luck with finding a micro-usb adaptor that will work. As my posts have implied, I have been through all of this with my OCD-like approach ( :( ) and only Niko's cable worked for me (and the one that I made myself 'cos the connector on his cable is too big for my liking).

HA, i can relate to the OCD approach :) Thanks for the info, I'll jsut leave it as it is then.
still strange that Thinkware hans't addressed this issue...

Maybe they will when the 770 version comes out shortly. But then again...

Let's face it, the perfect dashcam does not exist. It's just a question of choosing what to compromise on :(

Back