Thinkware F750 micro usb cable

straying a bit from the original subject, but:

what I don't understand that no car brand offers an intergrated system.
My car has 4 cameras for parking + a 5th camera that records speed signs.
I should be easy to hook them up to a recording system...

Well My I needed a shorter cable, since I have a Z4 - and mounting the rear needed to be above the mirror. So I had to cut - and then solider it back and it works.

Bought the L 50cm from NIKO for the front and it works great! Wiring that rear camera in an SUV is a PIA. Waiting for my 25cm L cable for the rear. Will update again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used something like this for mine, however, the left angle wouldn't work on the rear camera, it angles it right into the glass.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222106464319
s-l1600.jpg

Hi everyone. I lost the rear camera cable. I have Thinkware x500. Does anybody know where can I purchase the long rear camera cable? I think its a micro usb male to male 21ft long.

So I contacted thinkware and they emailed back saying you can buy it from blackboxmycar. And they also said that warranty doesn't cover misplaced parts or accessories.

So be careful don't lose anything because you have great warranty

I don't think warranty issue is the only bad aspect of owning a thinkware product, support in general sucks big time, personally I wish I had never bought my F770 but got blackvue instead

I don't think warranty issue is the only bad aspect of owning a thinkware product, support in general sucks big time, personally I wish I had never bought my F770 but got blackvue instead

not sure in your country but here Thinkware has a better reputation for support than Blackvue does, everything goes back to Korea for repair and turn around times are very slow

Jokiin, that's very interesting, maybe I did make the right choice, I cannot understand why at £250 you don't even get a manual with the cam, most of the info I know about it comes from this excellent site and it's many fantastic helpful members.

Not what you could really call a manual, a quick start guide which points out the blindingly obvious then a small paragraph about WIFI, how to route cable how to connect etc, diagram of buttons.
Although vaguely informative it is very limited, there's shed loads of questions that I can't be alone in wanting to know, for example I cannot understand why the current parking mode is displayed even when driving ie not in parking mode, yes this light bar can be turned off, but I would have expected the parking mode to be shown only when in parking mode, I thought mine had developed a fault.
There's no mention in the manual at all that the cam talks to you, no mention that you need to wait 40 secs or so for CONTINUOUS RECORDING WILL NOW START, after the GPS connected which itself is after the reporting bit, as they have this it would be nice to be reminded of the parking mode it is in instead of just parking mode will now start.
I just think that for the cost most users would expect a little more info, I knew most of the things about the cam from watching youtube, with a little more thought it could have been spectacularly good, more research needed on thinkys part I think needed.

Has anyone found a cable with a 90 degree bend and male connector on both sides that is long enough that will work for the rear camera?

Or has anyone tried a 90 degree adapter with the included cable, does it still work without any video degradation?

Back