Thinkware f750 problem

Kevmor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New to this, so here goes. Just purchased a thinkware f750 2 channel system, at first was very happy until I noticed that when I start the system up it goes into parking mode, even when car is moving? It will stay on until it switches off when car battery drops to 12.3 v. To start the system up , it has to be manuallyvturned on, goes through its usual start up rituals, says continuous recording is starting, then a few seconds goes into parking mode?? Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

New to this, so here goes. Just purchased a thinkware f750 2 channel system, at first was very happy until I noticed that when I start the system up it goes into parking mode, even when car is moving? It will stay on until it switches off when car battery drops to 12.3 v. To start the system up , it has to be manuallyvturned on, goes through its usual start up rituals, says continuous recording is starting, then a few seconds goes into parking mode?? Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Welcome to forum !
Check if it has latest firmware installed ?

Welcome to forum !
Check if it has latest firmware installed ?
Thanks for the quick reply, yes I installed the latest firmware and system said successful update. Im not convinced I have the acc wire connected to ignition, would this cause my problem? The location of the fusebox is near impossible to get a tester on it. Just piggy bank off the cigarette lighter fuse!!

Thanks for the quick reply, yes I installed the latest firmware and system said successful update. Im not convinced I have the acc wire connected to ignition, would this cause my problem? The location of the fusebox is near impossible to get a tester on it. Just piggy bank off the cigarette lighter fuse!!
What memory card do you use ( brand name/class ) ? Have you formatted it inside unit ?

The 32 GB thinkware memory card that came with the unit, and yes I formatted it in the unit when asked .

The 32 GB thinkware memory card that came with the unit, and yes I formatted it in the unit when asked .

Original memory card should be fine.

Have you checked fuses if you hardwired correctly ?

I will re check fuses and wiring as you've advised, I will keep you posted after checking and thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Sounds like it's not wired up correctly

I'll check the wiring asap, thanks for all the help guys.

Yeah, take multimeter and check if you used correct fuses where dashcam hardwire side ACC, BAT correspond to car fuse box ACC, BAT.

You'll find permanent power on the fuses for circuits which you'd expect to need power with the ignition off. However choose one that the car would expect to see a variable current draw on so that if it has a power management system it won't detect the extra current as a fault. So for example the instrument cluster will often have permanent power, but an energy management system might monitor it. Whereas the lighting circuit will also have permanent power but the current draw will be variable (since the courtesy lights will go on and off as doors are opened and closed) so any engine management system should ignore the extra draw from the dashcam.

The same caution (energy management) may be needed for the switched power. On my car I tapped into the power for the diagnostic connector (switched power) on the assumption that the energy management system wouldn't monitor it (and since my car has not raised any diagnostic issues since I fitted the dashcam I seem to have made the right decision).

I know that modern BMWs and Audis have such energy management systems (and BMWs can be particularly sensitive to how dashcams are wired).

Update-
Just like to say that got the wiring sorted out, yes I did have the ignition wire connected continuous, found the correct ignition fuse, now working just as it should. Thanks for all the help guys , much appreciated.

Glad to hear you sorted out.

Back