Thinkware F750 Randomly shuts down

Ebad K.

Reaction score
Country
United States
First post on this site, hope all are well :)

I have a small issue that I will try and explain briefly down here that I would like suggestions on please. I have four vehicles that I have the ThinkWare F750 along with the rear camera installed on and all of them are doing the same thing. List of vehicles I have these cameras on are:

1. 2017 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
2. 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid
3. 2013 Toyota Sequoia
4. 2017 Subaru Forester

All of these vehicle's above have two camera's installed one main F750 unit facing front and the second camera installed in the back window for rear view footage. Camera's purchased from BestBuy and installed there as well.

Issue: I notice that the camera randomly turns off on all the vehicles when in parking mode only. There is no set pattern to when it turns off, it randomly sometimes turns off within 30 minutes of me leaving the vehicle to sometime even 5 minutes and sometimes it doesn't even turn off stays on for the entire day of me not driving the vehicle. I know the camera's turn off because I kept the LED's on and that's how I can tell including by the number of motion detections it detected when parked in a heavy traffic area. I have not touched any power settings so they are all on what they came with. I purchased the camera's this year in March and have never done a service pack or update patch. Please let me know if you would like me to check something on the settings or what should I try and check?

I appreciate your help in advance!

Ebad K.

I have my thinkware F770 set to minimum which I think is 11.1 and have no problems with it, would be worth doing update on cards to latest version as this also gives most recent speed cameras too

I suspect Jokiin is correct. The cameras are probably all set to the default battery voltage level (12.2v i think) so it will depend how much driving the car has done to how long the camera will stay on for also the size of the vehicle battery too. We usually recommend setting this to 12v and we haven't heard of any issues with that setting.

This is my current settings, I'll bring it down from 12.2 to 12.0 and let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help everyone

Attachments

• IMG_2614.PNG
    IMG_2614.PNG
    162.5 KB · Views: 1
Unless it is a cold wintery day when engine oil is thick you won't have any issues at minimum setting, I have other things running on mine and it has always burst into life even at -10C

Back