Thinkware F750 Vs Koonlung K1S

bronze84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F750, K1S, Marcus3, Mobius, Xiaomi Yi, Sony AS100v
Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I've just uploaded a comparison video to YouTube using the above mentioned cams side by side.

It's only a short video and shows both front and rear cams in daytime, rain & dusk/nighttime conditions.

Hopefully Youtube hasn't degraded the quality too much! For me its a tough call to make, they are both good in different situations. Perhaps some of the experts on the forum can offer their thoughts.....

K1S has below average night performance it seems. Also don't forget K1S can hardly pickup any audio at all if that's important. (1/10 quality if that, technical defect Koonlung won't be able to fix) Also you can't reliably go above 32GB from what I'm following on the TM blog page. That's not very much room for a single card to share with two Full HD recordings. Also the large battery is not a good idea if someone lives in a hot climate etc. So yes the form factor is nice, but they still don't quite have it right.

Lol... And any thoughts on the F750 Jon?

F750 looks better, it also costs a lot more so kind of expected, their product is very well built and quality control is better but again a reflection on price

both are limited for bitrate so a bit of a compromise regardless

Do you think in the future Rick there will be processors that can handle say 40mb/s max bit rate?

What's the realistic time scale on these to the point where the consumer sees the end result?

The Thinkware looks the better of the two from what I can see on Youtube here - is there any chance you could please upload some raw footage of the F750 as we've not seen any make it up yet?

I like K1S remote lens concept, but built quality and stability ( plus wifi ) puts Thinkware ahead which is reflected in the price.

Stability is a plus Niko. If I'm honest the software on the F750 reminds me a bit of Apple iOS, as in its somewhat limited in changes you can make but it offers simple and reliable menus and is more polished. The K1S on the other hand is a bit like Android; a feature rich menu which you can do all sorts with but ultimately is a bit rough round the edges

The Thinkware looks the better of the two from what I can see on Youtube here - is there any chance you could please upload some raw footage of the F750 as we've not seen any make it up yet?

Sure... If you can point me in the right direction where to upload it?

I should have qualified why use mega, their servers will run as fast as your connection allows, they give 50gb of space, no ads, large files are no problem and most of important of all, it's free

I guess I just put the files in a public folder and share the link?

Back