Thinkware F750 with Rearview camera HELP!

dxb494

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I had my Thinkware F750 professionally installed two weeks ago. The quality is awesome.

Yesterday I attached the rearview camera.

The main camera announces that the rearview camera is attached and the system is restarting. The problem is it continues to do that over and over and never actually boots up .

If I unplug the rear view everything is fine!

What might be the problem?

Does system allows to boot up ( get into the menu settings ), or when rear camera is connected and you powering up unit then it boots up and straight away restarts ?

Hi Niko

It won't allow me to get into the MENU!
It just keeps restarting,

I saw similar thing few years ago on some other Korean 2ch system. If I remember there was two solutions:
1. disconnect rear camera, boot up front camera only, then connect rear camera, go into menu settings and restore to factory default.
2. upload firmware "update" to microsd card, connect both cameras, insert microsd into main unit, boot up unit, FW update will start.

Maybe this may help F750 as well ?

I saw similar thing few years ago on some other Korean 2ch system. If I remember there was two solutions:
1. disconnect rear camera, boot up front camera only, then connect rear camera, go into menu settings and restore to factory default.
2. upload firmware "update" to microsd card, connect both cameras, insert microsd into main unit, boot up unit, FW update will start.

Maybe this may help F750 as well ?

Thanks. I'll give #2 a try as I tried #1 but it would just keep restarting.

If #2 will not work for you then I guess you can e-mail to your local distributor.

Fulfilled by amazon ?

No...A company called Total Tech Outlet.

Hope they can forward your concern to their supplier ( if they are official distributor ? ). Anyway, try #2 and see how it goes.

what SD card are you using?

The 16GB that came with the camera.

ok,, try this, power off the camera using the power button, then pull the power cable, remove SD card and download the firmware from here
http://www.thinkware.com/Support/Download
delete everything on the SD card and then copy the CONTENTs of the file you downloaded, you should have a F750-pkg.bin and two folders, settings and driveinfo on the SD card, put the SDcard in and plug in the rear camera, power on the device and let it install the update, see if that works

Thanks...I'll give that a try once my wife brings the car back :(

The 16GB that came with the camera.

Try to format memory card inside unit when only main unit works, then power off device, attach rear camera and power on again.

Hey ...

I tried the above mentioned suggestions and still the system will restart over and over again. It is a never-ending restarting cycle until I unplug the rear-cam. :(

Back