Thinkware F770 on a motorcycle?

Good idea to mount a Thinkware in a Motorcycle?

• Total voters

Vinko2000

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I got a Thinkware F770 with the hard-wiring kit for my 2000 323i bimmer, all working great. I want to get a new hard-wiring kit and additional mounts to use the dash cam in my 2004 Harley Davidson Fat boy, it's a big motorcycle with plenty of space and I'll be careful with the installation, I never ride in the rain but I can even get a case to protect the cam for an unannounced rain (I live in Seattle, WA), so basically the idea is to use the dash cam in whatever vehicle I'm using that day. What you think? stupid idea?, I know there is some water proof cameras for motorcycles, but I can't find any with a decent quality, I tried two Full HD already but nothing compare to the video from a Thinkware or BlackVue.
PS, I guess if it sounds good to do this, I don't need the continuous power wire form the hard wiring kit to be connected right?, since I'll take the cameras off the bike when I'm not riding it. thank you very much.

PS, I guess if it sounds good to do this, I don't need the continuous power wire form the hard wiring kit to be connected right?, since I'll take the cameras off the bike when I'm not riding it. thank you very much.
Pretty sure you need both, just connect them both at the same fuse.

TMB is correct, it needs both wires connected to power for it to work.

I can even get a case to protect the cam for an unannounced rain
I voted go ahead. All new adventure start with the first step. I had been thinking the same but with blackvue. Have not started the project yet and what I plan is to put inside a custom acrylic box with clear glass in front. This definitely looks bad aesthetically. A perforated bottom for ventilation may solve the heat issue. For the power, I plan to use a T-Power Plus and had not idea where to put yet. My ride is the old Honda CBR -R water cool. Let you guys know when I start this.......

its not just water that will be a problem, as in getting wet electronics, its also the optics, a single spot of rain will distort the image, you would need to seal it first (big problem with cooling) then apply some sort of ultra hydrophobic coating to the lens.

Back