Thinkware F770 Review by Sir Loin

Hi everyone,

apologies if I'm asking anything that's repeated elsewhere but i am a total newbie to the world of dash cams I have just joined, so please forgive my ignorance.

after spending a few weeks looking around for the best camera for my needs (2ch, parking,1080 front and back) It's looking like the thinkware f770 is the closest I can find with a good reputation for function and reliability and customer service.

Can you just clarify the speed stamp item on the f770? Ideally I would rather have it turned off so it doesn't show up if you accidentally creep over the limit, I'd hate to have perfectly good video evidence that an accident was a third parties fault only to find I get a reduced claim for shared blame by being 3 miles an hour over the speed limit (as much as I don't speed, creeping a couple of miles an hour over is easy to have happen and Murphy's law says that's when someone will just pull straight out into the front of you)

So long query short, is the speed stamp optional, can I retain all other functionality but just turn speed stamp off?

(Ps are there any other systems you feel I should be considering?)

Cheers

Hi everyone,

apologies if I'm asking anything that's repeated elsewhere but i am a total newbie to the world of dash cams I have just joined, so please forgive my ignorance.

after spending a few weeks looking around for the best camera for my needs (2ch, parking,1080 front and back) It's looking like the thinkware f770 is the closest I can find with a good reputation for function and reliability and customer service.

Can you just clarify the speed stamp item on the f770? Ideally I would rather have it turned off so it doesn't show up if you accidentally creep over the limit, I'd hate to have perfectly good video evidence that an accident was a third parties fault only to find I get a reduced claim for shared blame by being 3 miles an hour over the speed limit (as much as I don't speed, creeping a couple of miles an hour over is easy to have happen and Murphy's law says that's when someone will just pull straight out into the front of you)

So long query short, is the speed stamp optional, can I retain all other functionality but just turn speed stamp off?

(Ps are there any other systems you feel I should be considering?)

Cheers

I think you have already made your decision if you have come to the F770, and yes you can switch off speed stamp with out affecting other functions.

I turned off the speed stamp for the exact reason you mentioned. I don't need it. I haven't actually looked much into the BlackView, but I think F770 has better image quality than the BlackView 650. F770's recording is of higher bitrate.

Interesting camera.

¿ is there somewhere something like a user manual ?

Thanks and regards Rainer

Thanks for the swift replies.

Whilst looking at what cameras were what I noticed some people talking about polarising lenses (cpl I think they called it) I assume this works same as a decent set of polarising sunglasses and just reduces glare and sharpens up the image?

Does the f770 have this or is there any kind of after market add on? Seems worthwhile if it improves picture quality

Cheers

Hi,

I am really interested in this dash cam and thinking of purchasing both front and rear cameras with Cellink B battery as my first dash cam.

I am based in the UK, btw.

Can anyone confirm if the F770 cameras are, by default, shipped with right-angled USB cables (in order to have a tidy installation / close the covers on the dash cam units properly), or if they are additional purchases? I am thinking of purchasing from Thinkware UK / RAC shop, but I may purchase from blackboxmycar since they offer a package with Cellink B battery, and may be offering right-angled usb cables with purchases? (also depending on if they ship to the UK and costs).

Thanks.

Buy from Chameleon. Good price. Good service. Installation was faultless.

Can F770 owners share front+rear camera original/raw video footage ? You can upload and share download link via dropbox or mega.nz
Thanks.

Hi,

I am really interested in this dash cam and thinking of purchasing both front and rear cameras with Cellink B battery as my first dash cam.

I am based in the UK, btw.

Can anyone confirm if the F770 cameras are, by default, shipped with right-angled USB cables (in order to have a tidy installation / close the covers on the dash cam units properly), or if they are additional purchases? I am thinking of purchasing from Thinkware UK / RAC shop, but I may purchase from blackboxmycar since they offer a package with Cellink B battery, and may be offering right-angled usb cables with purchases? (also depending on if they ship to the UK and costs).

Thanks.

We don't have the F770 Rear camera cable yet, supposedly UK dealer has it?
As much as we'd like your business, it will be easier for warranty reasons to purchase from a UK distributor.
We're still here on Dashcamtalk to help if you need any assistance setting up your dashcam/cellink!

Thanks Blackboxmycar.

I found a voucher code from another thread on this site (along with recommendations from other members) that sealed the deal for me. I've placed my order in for the F770 and Cellink B battery from separate UK vendors. I just hope that the camera comes with right-angled USB leads. I also wish there were more vendors in the UK, like yourself, that offered Cellink B with the camera as a package deal.

Excited, and can't wait as it will be my first dash cam.

Got mine all wired up. Will be putting it through its paces over the week.

One issue I've had so far is that it doesn't reliably activate wifi every time

anyone got detailed spec of the chips inside / CMOS yet?

Here's front and back from mine. I really need a cpl, my car is terrible for reflections.

Front
https://mega.nz/#!fZAByTCB!0QzNjv5seuu14rVzbPfcwzwnDpK0AYDwA3mk786Bx2s

Back
https://mega.nz/#!bBhXlTRK!9td4xOp9gOhncs5QY5Vthinn_lYmtnASDt3rCqkeweU

Mine came with right angled cables and was bought from thinkware UK.

Thanks,

I have analysed videos which @BlackboxMyCar shared HERE

F770 has variable bit-rate max 11Mbps per channel. At night it drops to 8-10Mbps.

F770 bitrate.jpg

Mine came with right angled cables and was bought from thinkware UK.

I too have just received my F770 camera from Thinkware UK. The USB cable I have received for the camera connections, one end is right-angled and the other end (I presume for the rear camera) is straight.

Are both ends of the connecting USB cable supposed to be right-angled, or just the one end?

Can you guys confirm that you can put the right-angled end of the micro-USB lead and the power lead into the sockets of the F770 and close the hatch properly?

Back