Thinkware F770 Review by Sir Loin

Bummer as I'm ready to pull the trigger on the 770, but we're an all iOS household, save from a MacBook.

I have been using exclusively my iPhone 6s Plus to interact with my F770 and I have not had any problem.

I have been using exclusively my iPhone 6s Plus to interact with my F770 and I have not had any problem.

Good to know. I was hoping that was the case with someone.

Tried it today on a Sony and everything works just fine, it's obviously the iPhone causing all the issues (well iphone 5c and 5s atleast anyway)

you'd think the iOS platform would be a huge market share? Hopefully there addressing that issue as well as making it iPad compatible? (Steve hopefully you can update here?)

Also it maybe worth them addressing the advertising and bring specific about which iOS iphones it will work with, atleast people are clear be fore they buy it then

A curious bit was I downloaded and installed mx player on the iPhone and still no joy, just would play when it felt like it or give me black/green screens however when I tried the Sony at first it wouldn't play the video either but then I actually got an automated message come up telling me I needed to install mx player, I did this opened the video again and it played straight away, I did nothing more or different than I did with the iPhone but on the Sony it sorted it straight out

Hopefully that's my install sorted now (with exception of needing a new phone!)

Thanks for all the help everyone and I hope maybe some of the bits I experienced help someone else out on the way

(And thanks for the help from Steve - thinkware UK as well)

Btw irononreverse, how's the 128 card going? Any issues or is all going well?

I am running 9.3.2 on my iPhone 6s Plus. You do not need MX Player on iPhone. I don't have it on my iPhone and I can view all my videos on my F770 over Wi-Fi. I actually don't see any legit MX Player app on the app store.

Sir all I can tell you (from my experience atleast) is the iPhone 5s or 5c doesn't consistently work, sometime they work sometime they don't there's no rhyme nor reason.

Maybe maddog1974 can explain more to you about the mx player as it was him who raised it with me as a possible solution when I phoned thinkware UK customer services

Just to add to the list of phones that do work:
My HTC One using the MX Player app works fine and my wife's iPhone 6s using its own proprietary player works flawlessly (no need for any additional s/w). In fact the iPhone transfers data via the F770 Wi-Fi far quicker than the android does.

Btw irononreverse, how's the 128 card going? Any issues or is all going well?
It's still working. I've only managed to fill up 30% of it so far. Cam and card have survived the hottest day of the year in the UK :D

It's still working. I've only managed to fill up 30% of it so far. Cam and card have survived the hottest day of the year in the UK :D

What's the temp there? Trying to compare it to Texas heat. :)

31degC is 88degF. It was 100degF or 38degF in Ft Worth, Texas today. Luckily my home, work and car are all air conditioned, so I was only exposed to that temperature for about 5 minutes.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

It is 48 C now here in Dubai, my F770 working fine in all modes.

Firstly - Thinkware have agreed the Speed Stamp bug is present and will fix that in the next App update.

As for MX Player - I was told that's whats required by the Thinkware guys and that's what's supported by them. (I will double check for iOS perhaps i was presuming or misunderstanding them - sometimes a language translation issue although their english is pretty good)

As for the App being iPad compatible i've pushed for this since day 1 and they openly admit it's not high on their list!

I'm glad you are [fairly] sorted Phil! Although it would be very nice to find out why the iphone 5's won't play video consistently. Daley here has an iphone 5 i will see if i can borrow it off him and have a play this end.....

As for the App being iPad compatible i've pushed for this since day 1 and they openly admit it's not high on their list!

I'm glad you are [fairly] sorted Phil! Although it would be very nice to find out why the iphone 5's won't play video consistently. Daley here has an iphone 5 i will see if i can borrow it off him and have a play this end.....

I have said since day one that this idea of supporting separate bespoke apps is not only stupid and time consuming but is a colossal waste of money

The device is capable of running a small web service on it, that web service could then be used for cross platform compatibility, settings, videos, the whole works all supported via one update to a single web service that will span not only iOS and android but also windows and any other device that can load up HTLM5

Since they screwed over F750 owners by trying (unsuccessfully) to force them to buy a new device for some basic fixes to the software (which we can now have on the 750) I don't hold out much hope of this ever happening, at least not until another clone of the F750 can be made and resold for another 200 quid

31degC is 88degF. It was 100degF or 38degF in Ft Worth, Texas today. Luckily my home, work and car are all air conditioned, so I was only exposed to that temperature for about 5 minutes.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
Yeah, our houses don't tend to have air conditioning. What we do have are thick, insulated brick walls, double glazed windows and fluffy, warm carpets!

Back