Thinkware F770 Wifi will not connect to iPhone

damobolton

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help is greatly welcome.

I have the F770 dashcam and recently the wifi connection from the dashcam to my iPhone xs has stopped working. I have updated the firmware successfully but still cannot access the cam on my phone.

The Firm wifi shows up in my seetings for wiffi but with zero connection.........any ideas?

Thanks

try to delete and reinstall the APP on the phone ?

Please go to Settings on the iPhone, Scroll down to near the bottom (where it shows installed apps) and look for DASH CAM. Select this and make sure the Location Permission is enabled to at least 'While using the app'.

My hunch will be it says 'Never' right now......

Let me know.....

All working.... thank you so much. I’ve spent weeks trying to figure that out. Unfortunately I wanted some cam footage of a particular incident and couldn’t download at the time. Since the written over it.
That said it’s working great now..... thank you again.

REMEMBER you can always remove the card, insert it into the USB and find the files on a PC / MAC!

REMEMBER you can always remove the card, insert it into the USB and find the files on a PC / MAC!

That seems to be one of the best ways to get the files. I have two cards in circulation, while one is in the camera recording, the other is in the house getting files copied off. I even keep an OTG adapter in the car so I can read the card directly with the phone. With phone updates, it's hard to get it to remember the wifi passwords when they are needed in a pinch.

And wifi are not that fast, so mind numbing if you need to grab many files, but 1 or 2 now and then are fine with the slow wifi in dashcams ( all of them )

Back