Thinkware F770

I think I may have to pick one of these up. Turning off the GPS feature and all of that other lane departure stuff is a big requirement and it sounds like you can. The videos look fine to me so I don't see the bit rate being a big issue. I doubt I'll even hear the rattle over the sound of my headers lol. Who's got the best deal on these? I've heard the wires aren't quite long enough...is that true?

Hi all

I've been reading through the thread as I am on the verge of going for a 2ch dashcam and am looking at this and the K1S. Just a few questions:

1. Can you stream the live view of the cameras whilst it is recording? Would like to have my iPad showing the image on occasion but still have it record.
  2. I saw the post about how much parking recording was possible but didn't seem to see an actual figure in hours of how long it records for before looping over
  3. What's the best parking mode recording time I could expect with a standard hardwiring setup where it merely monitors car battery voltage before powering down (i.e. not including something like a Cellink Battery Pack)
  4. Does the speed camera file included UK locations?
Thanks in advance :)

Features aside the K1S is not a great product, better off with the Thinkware

Have just read some more reviews of the K1S and longer term use is not so positive; so yes I agree.

I was however also looking at the Blackview 650 and like the potential of this Over the Cloud technology; sure I know you would need a 3G dongle/hotpost in your car to benefit but curious to know if Thinkware have something similar in the offing?

You can't stream whilst recording. I use the Cellink so I can't make any claims as to parking mode time on car battery.

I tried the speed camera feature once when I first got the camera and the file back then had uk cameras. It was very annoying though.

Have just read some more reviews of the K1S and longer term use is not so positive; so yes I agree.

I was however also looking at the Blackview 650 and like the potential of this Over the Cloud technology; sure I know you would need a 3G dongle/hotpost in your car to benefit but curious to know if Thinkware have something similar in the offing?

no idea if Thinkware are working on anything internet enabled, again that's a questionable feature of the Blackview anyway, not a lot of positive feedback about it, take that out of the equation and the Thinkware would still be the better product

I think I may have to pick one of these up. Turning off the GPS feature and all of that other lane departure stuff is a big requirement and it sounds like you can. The videos look fine to me so I don't see the bit rate being a big issue. I doubt I'll even hear the rattle over the sound of my headers lol. Who's got the best deal on these? I've heard the wires aren't quite long enough...is that true?

What car are you planning to install in? hardwire cable is about 10 feet should be sufficient if your car has a fuse box in the front (steering column, dashboard area).
Easy enough to extend/splice with some 24AWG if you only have a hood/trunk fuse box. When extending wires, perhaps set the voltage cutoff lower as there will be some more voltage loss between the fuse box and camera.
Rear camera cable is about 20' and should be long enough for most 3-row SUV's. Cargo vans like Sprinters would need an extension.

As per K1S... supposedly they have improved this product's reliability but we had a pretty negative experience as a seller with these.

As per K1S... supposedly they have improved this product's reliability but we had a pretty negative experience as a seller with these.

What is your negative experience with Thinkware ?

Hi all

I've been reading through the thread as I am on the verge of going for a 2ch dashcam and am looking at this and the K1S. Just a few questions:

1. Can you stream the live view of the cameras whilst it is recording? Would like to have my iPad showing the image on occasion but still have it record.
  2. I saw the post about how much parking recording was possible but didn't seem to see an actual figure in hours of how long it records for before looping over
  3. What's the best parking mode recording time I could expect with a standard hardwiring setup where it merely monitors car battery voltage before powering down (i.e. not including something like a Cellink Battery Pack)
  4. Does the speed camera file included UK locations?
Thanks in advance :)

1. No. You can't use the wifi while the camera is in parking mode either
2. There's no one answer for this. It depends how you set up the memory card, read our article here
3. This totally depends on your car and the size/condition of your battery. Can literally range anywhere from 30 minutes to 48 hours for regular passenger cars
4. Looks like someone else has answered this

Hi all,
I just had the F770 installed. Can anyone explain the Time Lapse function?
Does it mean that the dash cam continuously records the moment it goes into park mode?
The manual is not very clear about it.

In time laps the camera records one frame every on second.

Thanks for the replies...
So the Time Lapse records non-stop from the moment I park till I start the car again?

Yes this the way it works.

I'll just add that if your battery reaches the cutoff voltage you have selected, or you reach the turn off time you have selected, the F770 will turn off.

RodeoGeorge

And the time lapse do not record voice/sound. And it does, been wondering how it will sound like. :):p

im thinking of installing on toyota highlander 2016. Is the battery of highlander enough for f770 to continuously record in parking mode or shall get the battery pack. The usage of my car is very minimal as my wife drives to work which is just 15 kms. Any suggestions ?? Thanks

Yes.. the battery on your HL is strong enough to continuously record.. for a while. As a reasonable comparison.. about as long as it takes your battery to go flat.. should you leave the radio on (key in ACC and actually playing).. probably the best part of a night.. but it varies :)

im thinking of installing on toyota highlander 2016. Is the battery of highlander enough for f770 to continuously record in parking mode or shall get the battery pack. The usage of my car is very minimal as my wife drives to work which is just 15 kms. Any suggestions ?? Thanks

The battery pack probably wouldn't help as it usually takes 1-1.5 hrs to charge that fully so if your only driving for 30 mins it won't last that long anyway. I would think the vehicle battery would be fine to run the camera a fair while. You can set the Battery Voltage / Timer for shutting off the camera so you don't get a flat battery...

Back