Thinkware F770

When ignition off, afterwhile it turns to parking mode. Just been expected. After couple of minutes, the cam shuts down due to low battery (this is what the notification said). Check car battery and. Ok. Any idea?
I really struggled with similar issues for about the first 6-9 months of my dash cam ownership (in my 2015 Honda CR-V). After lots of instances of my car battery dying, I decided to power my cams using two Cellink B batteries, but even so, I had a hell of a time trying to get the cams to behave as they were supposed to. One of the batteries cut off power when the ignition turned off, no matter what I did. Even though I used a multimeter, I still had issues figuring out which fuse to plug into, and I had to try a bunch of different ones before I finally got everything working. Sometimes I experienced the same thing you did, where the cam would power off after only a minute or two. Turns out the final issue I had was a faulty Thinkware cable (spliced by BlackBox MyCar with the Cellink cable, for which I am grateful) connecting a pair of cams to the Cellink battery. I wired up a replacement cable and voila! it worked.

So if you've double checked your wiring per Dee's and Ralph's comments, and you're sure everything is correct, it may be a matter of just finding a different fuse to use--one that stays on past the delayed shutdown of other functions that persist for only a short while after the ignition is turned off. If that fails, maybe replace the Thinkware cable and see if that makes a difference, but I'm guessing that a faulty cable isn't as much of a widespread problem.

If you can't figure it out on your own by trying different fuses and checking your wiring, and you know of a reputable car audio/stereo installation outfit near you, that may be the ticket. For me personally, I eventually decided to go that route and ended up getting royally screwed--lost hundreds of bucks and a car battery. Maybe you will have better luck finding a pro than I did. :)

Last edited:
Good day
I just installed 750 and loving it
Just want to know how I can change time Laps from 1 min to 4 min video
Thanks in advance

1. No. You can't use the wifi while the camera is in parking mode either
2. There's no one answer for this. It depends how you set up the memory card, read our article here
3. This totally depends on your car and the size/condition of your battery. Can literally range anywhere from 30 minutes to 48 hours for regular passenger cars
4. Looks like someone else has answered this

This article is very useful. Parking mode is the main reason I want the camera, and it is only ever around the shops for no more than 4 or 5 hours, usually in the furthest away remote space ever.

I assume 2 hours will be more than enough recording time (or 4 with 128) to capture any potential motion?

Guys, got a question. I have not notice that when ignition off (hardwired setup), connection to wifi pairing not able to. Is this a feature to save battery usage? Sorry just come to know today. Am I getting this right? Thanks.

Correct, no wifi when the ignition is OFF or in parking mode. You can only enable wifi while the camera is on continuous recording mode, which will stop the recording.

Good day! Sorry for my bad english.
I have ordered 2-Ch F750. If i right, i can simple flash ROM from F770 (with changing file name to f750) and i get F770 with both front and rear camera working?
I saw in begginig of the thread F770 rom: f770_3_1.00.02
What means number 3 after model number. Region? I'am from Russia, when i downloaded latest firmware for F770 i get file f770_2_1.00.06
If i flash like this:
1) f750_3_1.00.02
2) f770_2_1.00.06
3) Speed cam info smartguidepoint.dx2
will it work?
If number after model is region, then it just have different language voices audio files i think, or it's something more?
Thanks!
With best regards, Ruslan.

yeah that is just a regional number, just use your own regional versions, just be sure that you do not upgrade to anything newer that v.15 on the 750, you can then install the early F770 firmwares, once you get those you can update to the latest f770 firmware.

I don't know if there are any other changes to the firmware other than language, perhaps speedcamera data might be different too? I don't know to be honest

Back