Thinkware F770

I just picked my F770 at blackboxmycar yesterday (thanks Justin!). I was able to see F750 andF770 side by side.

The F770 is noticeably smaller than the old model. The new model is slimmer and more streamlined. Gone is the stuck-out silver cylinder-shaped lens housing. The lens on the F770 is part of the unit's body. There is also a compartment on the side of the body for better cable management. The windshield attachment is now a thin solid piece of plastic. So the dashcam will be much closer to the windshield and appears even smaller than the old F750.

Woohoo! Did you get it set up yet?

Just received by F770 and I can confirm the come with a angled usb cable already. :)

Will keep you posted how I get on with it.

Big Thanks to thinkwaredashcam.uk and Ben from Chameleon for there grate service.

Received my two units from thinkwaredashcam.uk on Thursday, as above, great communication from the guys there.
I installed them this weekend into an Audi A3 (8V model) and Merc C-Class (W204 model). The A3 was the easiest as there loads of "how to's" on the net but the merc was awkward because it didn't have a fusebox located in the cabin. I used the one in the engine bay and ran the cables through the bulkhead into the passenger compartment.

The 'live view'on the app is great for setting everything up and making sure all is working. The download speed of the files to a smartphone is a little slow, but they are 80Mb per file (1 minute of video).

The PC viewer program works well and shows both front & rear images, a map view can also be viewed of the journey. The video is good quality but the movement looks a little blurry, like a lot of digital video. If you pause it on a single frame, however, it looks really good and vehicle number plates can easily be read.

So far, I'm really pleased.

Just joined the F770 party :D (Thanks BlackBoxMyCar) Installing tonight. Goodbye Panorama X2, my old friend. :eek: For Sale!

Does the f770 support a samsung evo 128gb micro sd card? I got a 128gb card lying around and plan to upgrade my mini 0801 (which i've had for over 4 years now) to a F770 dual camera setup.

... plan to upgrade my mini 0801 (which i've had for over 4 years now) ...

Welcome to DCT. The 0801 was launched in 2013, so you may have had it for 3 years. Remarkable that an 0801 could survive that long :)

Welcome to DCT. The 0801 was launched in 2013, so you may have had it for 3 years. Remarkable that an 0801 could survive that long :)

Yes sorry you are correct -2013. Well its working - battery is knackered and the gps module is giving interference on the video. so I'm plugging it in directly into the onboard usb conenction. working for the time being.

I plan to get a F770 and a cellink battery pack and wire it up with parking mode. I do hope the 128gb is enough to store around 15 hours of video/stills (which is average night parking from 6pm to 9am). Only if it had dual sd slots then it would be great.

even if someone else has your exact SD card, it doesn't mean yours will work, there is only a couple of ways to be sure, firstly, buy a thinkware card though I'm pretty sure they only go up to 64GB at the moment which leaves option number two, try it and see.

My own studies on this suggest that the faster the card is (reported sequential write operations, ie what was printed on the side of the box) the lower the chances of it working. it appears to actually be down to random read operations that determine if the card works but no one will sell you a card with that in mind, so its pot luck.

I plan to get a F770 and a cellink battery pack and wire it up with parking mode. I do hope the 128gb is enough to store around 15 hours of video/stills (which is average night parking from 6pm to 9am). Only if it had dual sd slots then it would be great.

I have had my F770 set up for about a month with the Cellink battery connected to an ACC fuse, and I too have been using a 128GB card (Lexar brand), with the same hope that it would be enough to keep parking mode videos overnight, ideally for a bit longer.

At the start of last weekend, I hooked up the the F770 to a fully charged Cellink plus expansion battery pack and left my car all weekend without driving it, hoping that come Monday I would be able to look in the parking mode folder on the micro SD card and see how long the Cellink battery powered the F770. Before I viewed the files, I drove to work on Monday and back home at the end of the day. On Monday evening, I unfortunately found that the oldest parking mode video was from that same day starting around 1:00 pm. That seems to indicate to me that there wasn't enough room on the parking mode partition to record but a few hours before looping and rewriting over the data. Which is a HUGE disappointment to me. It does look like my camera is nearly constantly recording despite being in parking mode (the camera voice announces such when I turn off the ignition) and having motion detection sensitivity moved down to mid and the partition setting to the third option to maximize room for parking mode. I don't think it's a problem with the micro SD card, since there were over 60 GB of files spanning a number of days in the continuous recording folder and plenty more files in other folders. I reached out to Blackbox MyCar, where I bought everything from, but I didn't get a helpful answer. I might have to try a different customer service rep or see if Thinkware can help.

If there is motion it will record. Look at the file names are they in consecutive order of 1 minute or is there gaps in between. Then you know it is probably working properly. Even on the BlackVues in lowest motion sensitivity it will record almost constantly if parked outside.

If there is motion it will record. Look at the file names are they in consecutive order of 1 minute or is there gaps in between. Then you know it is probably working properly. Even on the BlackVues in lowest motion sensitivity it will record almost constantly if parked outside.
It looks like there are some small gaps. I think my problem may just be the dang partition settings that allow for such little room for parking mode, with the result that the recordings loop way too quickly for what I need. I had that concern prior to purchasing the F770, but I reassured myself that it would work out okay. I like the camera except for this, but this is big enough to be a deal breaker, unfortunately.

Change your partition mode to C. It will give you a lot more room for parking recording

Anyhow, if this is a deal breaker, I am not sure what your alternative would be.

Change your partition mode to C. It will give you a lot more room for parking recording

Anyhow, if this is a deal breaker, I am not sure what your alternative would be.
Unfortunately, I have had it set to partition type C from the start...but thanks!

Hi!

I have been searching for 2CH cam with wifi and good parking modes few weeks now. This one seems to be very nice but i have one thing im worried about. Its cold conditions. Specs says -10C only? Does anyone have info how well it will handle temps like -20 - -25? (-4F to -13F). Im from Finland and there will be many days with -25C at winter.

The hardware used should support those temps no problem
I think the only thing they might notice is the battery cut off kicking in a little early when in parking mode. Batteries don't like the cold at the best of times so the small current draw from the camera might make parking mode a little redundant for over night parking, would be fine out an about during the day,

if you're somewhere where it gets really cold in the winter you'd look at running different settings during the winter

So Thinkware include the angled USB plug now in all the new orders? Or did the business you bought it from included one?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back